Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – The easiest way to cook a turkey breast! A turkey breast cooked in a crock pot with a butter herb spread on top. Great as the centerpiece of a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal or as an easy weeknight meal.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
I can’t believe that it is already almost time for Thanksgiving again! Now if you know one thing about me, I love easy recipes. The only time that I want to spend all day on a complicated recipe is if it is a bread recipe and the rest of the time, I am just throwing things in a slow cooker, Instant Pot, or on the smoker and letting it do it’s thing. This slow cooker turkey breast recipe has not only become my go-to recipe on Thanksgiving but also a favorite weeknight meal because of the simplicity of the whole thing! The meat falls right off the bone and is SO tender and delicious. I cook the turkey breast on a bed of fresh herbs, onion, and garlic to give it extra flavor and coat the whole breast in a butter and spices mixture that gives it so much flavor. Trust me, once you slow cook a turkey breast, you will never want to cook it any other way again!
Common Questions About Making a Turkey Breast in the Slow Cooker
How can I cook a turkey breast?
Some of the most popular ways to cook a turkey breast include –
- Smoking it
- Baking it in the oven
- Cooking it in a slow cooker
- Cooking it in an Instant Pot
How many people does a turkey breast serve?
A 6-8 pound turkey breast will feed about 6 people while a 4 pound turkey breast feeds about 4.
What can I serve with a turkey breast?
Some of my favorite sides to serve with a turkey breast include –
- Honey Mustard Ham
- Slow Cooker Hash Brown Casserole
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Melting Potatoes
- Herb Quick Bread
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
What can I do with leftover turkey?
Some of my favorite ways to use leftover turkey include –
- Skillet Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Dumpling Soup
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Turkey Casserole
Can I cook a skin-on turkey breast in a crock pot?
Yes, if you get a skin-on turkey breast and want to have crispy skin, broil it in the oven for a few minutes after it finishes cooking so that it crisps up.
How do I defrost a turkey breast?
To defrost a turkey breast, place the frozen turkey breast in a tray in the refrigerator for about 2 days. It is vital to make sure that there is a tray underneath as the bird will give off liquid as it thaws which can make a big mess if not contained.
- 4-6 pound turkey breast (defrosted)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 sprigs thyme (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 sprigs sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 6 garlic cloves
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Set 6-8 quart slow cooker to LOW and place the onion, garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, and sage at the bottom. Top with the turkey breast. Pour the seasoned butter over the turkey and spread over the top evenly. Close the slow cooker and set a timer for 5 hours.
- Once the turkey breast is cooked, remove and cut up. Save the liquid in the slow cooker if you are planning to make gravy.