This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken – An easy weeknight meal filled with flavor! Chicken breasts slow cooked with a thai peanut sauce! Perfect over rice or noodles!
This Thai Peanut Chicken is a new favorite at my house! It tastes just like the chicken satay I always get at my local Thai restaurant and I was so happy with how it turned out! Plus, it is SO easy to make, I just popped all of the ingredients in my slow cooker and let it go on high for 4 hours. I even got a chance to whip out my rice cooker which was in the back corner of my pantry covered in a bit of dust since I hadn’t used it in at least 1.5 years! This peanut sauce chicken is so flavorful and delicious, I already am planning on making it again in a week or two!
To get everything I needed for the chicken with peanut sauce recipe, I stopped into my local Meijer store and grabbed the stars of the show, La Choy® Soy Sauce and Peter Pan® Peanut Butter! Everything was easy to find with the Peter Pan Peanut Butter being in the peanut butter section and La Choy Soy Sauce in the asian foods section.
Peter Pan Peanut Butter is my go-to peanut butter brand which is saying a lot because I am a peanut butter connoisseur! PB&Js are my guilty pleasure, I make 1-2 every day so I go through a LOT of peanut butter at my house! I just love the simple, wholesome ingredients and the wide selection of different varieties from crunchy, smooth, etc. It’s perfect in a sandwich, as a spread, or even on a spoon! If you need a peanut buttery sweet treat to go with this meal, make sure to check out my Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie also featuring Peter Pan Peanut Butter!
Make sure to click HERE for a mPerk reward for $.50 off 1 Peter Pan Peanut Butter 15-40 oz!
Now don’t forget to add some chopped peanuts and green onions for garish, it makes the meal look so much nicer!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, garnish
- Fresh green onions, garnish
- White rice
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, garlic, honey, soy sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, rice vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of slow cooker before pouring peanut sauce on top. Place lid on top of the slow cooker and set to HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken has cooked through, use forks to shred chicken before placing on a bed of white rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions (optional).
For more crockpot recipe inspiration, click HERE!