This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TinyPepperHugeTaste #DonVictorFoods #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Spicy Thai Noodles – A simple to make meal that packs a punch! Rice noodles slow cooked in a spicy coconut Thai sauce!
These Slow Cooker Spicy Thai Noodles is truly a spicy food fan’s dream come true! I really don’t think I have ever made anything as spicy as this but it is SO good! It is inspired by a classic Thai Noodle Soup, a meal that packs a punch but this version has a bit of a Hispanic flair too! I used Don Victor® Extra Hot Piquin Hot Sauce in the broth to take the noodles to a whole new level of spice! Don Victor® Extra Hot Piquin Hot Sauce is made from roasted piquin peppers in olive oil, water, oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, salt and preservatives and is the ultimate hot sauce for those who want to take their taste buds to the extreme! If you want to live life to the hottest, this is the hot sauce for you! The flavors in it really end up working well with the curry and peppers! The slow cooker spicy thai noodle recipe balances nicely with how hot and spicy the curry and hot sauce are with the coconut base which ads a level of creaminess to it.
Along with the Don Victor® Extra Hot Piquin Hot Sauce, they also have new flavors including Don Victor® Red Piquin Hot Sauce which is a bright piquin sauce which has a dry, smoky heat perfect on everything from eggs to burgers! The other sauce is Don Victor® Green Piquin Hot Sauce, a mellower sauce made from immature green piquin peppers that is perfect for emboldening a dish!
The piquin pepper is a very small pepper from the northern area of Mexico and Don Victor® sauces are the only ones to entirely make their sauces from these peppers! They have been making truly authentic sauces inspired by Mexico’s rich culture and heritage for over 30 years with impeccable attention to flavor and quality. They are truly extraordinary and not like any other hot sauce you can get on the market!
Make sure to be on the lookout for these products in stores soon, they will be located in the main condiment aisle!
Notes on slow cooker spicy thai noodles recipe
- Slow cooking the sauce really helps it deepen the flavors but if you don’t have a slow cooker, no worries! Bring the ingredients from the sauce to a simmer for 15 minutes in a large pot. Add in noodles and cook for an additional 5 minutes!
- Not spicy enough? Add some more Don Victor® Extra Hot Piquin Hot Sauce!
- Want it to be more of a spicy thai noodle soup instead of just noodles? Add in extra coconut milk stock (or chicken stock).
- This recipe is great with chicken in it too! Add 1 lbs of cooked chicken breast into the slow cooker with the sauce so that the flavors can seep in all day!
- If you can’t find the coconut milk stock, no problem. Vegetable or chicken stock will work just as well and you will have a bit of a thinner, more broth-like sauce.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chili
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk stock, can sub for chicken stock
- 7 oz rice noodles
- 1 can coconut milk, 12 oz
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp Don Victor® Extra Hot Piquin Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- lime juice
- red pepper slices
- green onions
- In a food processor, combine red bell pepper, onion, red chili, coconut milk, ginger, red curry paste, Don Victor® Extra Hot Piquin Hot Sauce, brown sugar, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until it is a smooth puree.
- Transfer puree to slow cooker and pour in coconut milk and coconut milk stock. Stir together ingredients before covering the slow cooker and cooking on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- 45 minutes before it is done slow cooking, add in rice noodles. Cover and let cook remaining amount of time. Serve with garnishes.
If you love Thai recipes, make sure to check out my Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken too!