Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Potato Soup – A delicious meal that is so easy to make! Roasted garlic and potatoes slow cooked all day in a creamy soup base, perfect topped with parmesan! This is the ultimate slow cooker potato soup recipe!
Slow cooker soup recipes are seriously the best. I love how easy they are to make with so little effort on my part. Now this slow cooker potato soup is so flavorful and delicious! All you need are a few simple ingredients to make what I consider to be the best potato soup recipe ever. What really makes it special is the roasted garlic added into the mix. I first had the idea for this recipe when I went to an Italian restaurant a few months ago and they served a very similar soup. This has the same flavors but for a whole lot cheaper too!
This slow cooker potato soup is such a wonderful comfort food too. I liked to pair mine with a grilled cheese for dinner. Potato soup is even better after a day or two, in my opinion so this makes fantastic leftovers. The flavors seep together so well.
Tips and tricks on this slow cooker roasted garlic potato soup recipe
- Some great toppings include green onions, parmesan, and of course, bacon!
- You can make the roasted garlic ahead of time!
- This soup is vegetarian and can be made vegan easily too! Sub the milk/heavy whipping cream for almond milk (or your non-dairy milk of choice) and use vegan butter.
- What’s a good sandwich to go with potato soup? A grilled ham and cheese with either american cheese or cheddar.
Some more easy dinner recipes to try!
Slow Cooker Turkey Dumpling Soup – A simple crock pot meal that is the perfect way to use up leftovers from holiday meals.
Creamy Garlic Pasta – A quick and easy 30 minute meal packed full of flavor. A creamy roasted garlic sauce over penne pasta.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie – The ultimate comfort food made right in a skillet! This recipe for chicken pot pie is made with chicken, carrots, celery, potatoes, peas and topped with a thick and creamy homemade gravy.
- 1 head garlic
- 5-6 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To roast garlic, place head of garlic in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Close up the aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before removing cloves.
- Peel potatoes and dice. Place into slow cooker with onion, vegetable broth, and roasted garlic cloves. Turn slow cooker on either low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes a little bit once they are cooked through. If you prefer a chunkier soup, mash less.
- Once soup has almost finished cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk until well for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool for about 1 minute before pouring in heavy whipping cream and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into soup and stir until well combined. Let cook at least 10 minutes more.
Looking for more slow cooker soup recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Soup from Who Needs a Cape?
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup from Bowl Me Over
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup from An Affair from the Heart