Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter – Easy pumpkin butter made in a crock pot with spices that is made in a crock pot! Perfect to use for fall baking!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
Slow cooker pumpkin butter is my new favorite fall recipe. If you’ve ever had apple butter, it is very similar but with a warm pumpkin flavor. I’ve been using it on my morning toast with a slice of brioche bread, a little butter, and a bunch of this pumpkin butter.
The great thing about this recipe is that you just need four simple ingredients and a crock pot that is at least 4 quarts. It’s the easiest recipe to make!
Common Questions About Making Pumpkin Butter
What is pumpkin butter?
Pumpkin butter is a spread made from spiced pumpkin, apple cider, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar.
Can I make it on the stovetop?
Of course! All you have to do is –
- Combine the ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
What other types of butters can I make?
Some of the most popular fruit butters are –
- Apple Butter
- Pear Butter
- Peach Butter
- Plum Butter
How many servings does this pumpkin butter recipe make?
This recipe makes 2 cups.
How long does pumpkin butter last?
It lasts up to two weeks when stored in a refrigerated airtight container.
What can I use pumpkin butter on?
Pumpkin butter is great because it can both be used as a spread and as a part of a variety of baked goods. Some of my favorite uses include –
- Pumpkin puree is the base of the pumpkin butter – you can make your own or use canned puree. Just make sure you’re not using pumpkin pie filling.
- I love light brown sugar in pumpkin butter. It adds great depth of flavor – but feel free to use granulated sugar if that’s what you have on hand. You can also swap out 1/4 cup of the brown sugar for maple syrup if you prefer.
- Apple cider adds a bit of tartness and freshness to the pumpkin butter but it is totally optional.
- Pumpkin pie spice adds warmth and spice notes to the pumpkin butter. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check these out!
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.