Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – A quick and easy 30 minute meal! Chicken, bell pepper, and onions with delicious homemade fajita seasonings baked on a sheet pan together. Perfect in a tortilla topped with cheese!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Chicken fajitas have always been a favorite meal of mine for busy weeknights. I just love how easy they are to make and the flavor of the chicken and veggies is so incredible! Usually, I would make chicken fajitas on the stovetop in a pan but recently, I made the chicken fajitas into a sheet pan meal and they turned out AMAZING! It was crazy how much easier the chicken fajita recipe I normally make was by just baking everything! All I had to do was put all the ingredients in a bowl together and mix them until everything was well combined. Easy, right?!
The best part was you can turn the leftovers into a delicious Chicken Fajita Flatbread Pizza! I’m always a big fan of bring able to re-purpose leftovers into other meals!
Tips and tricks on this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe
- What is a good side dish to serve with chicken fajitas? Spanish rice, Spanish potatoes, or tortilla chips are my favorites to serve with with chicken fajitas.
- Are fajitas healthy? Yes, fajitas are pretty healthy! Since they are made with chicken, vegetables, and seasonings, they are overall pretty good for you. Ways to make them even healthier is to serve them with whole wheat tortillas or make a lettuce wrap with them!
- How do you make chicken fajitas? Season chicken and veggies and bake them on a sheet pan for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
- What are the best fajita toppings? Cheese, cilantro, guacamole, and salsa are some favorites at my house.
Some more mexican inspired recipes to try!
- Homemade Guacamole – A quick and easy appetizer perfect with tortilla chips! Fresh avocado, chopped red onions, and an incredible blend of spices in an addicting homemade dip!
- Pico de Gallo – The perfect topping for these chicken fajitas! Fresh tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Baked Southwestern Eggrolls – These rispy southwestern eggrolls that are the ultimate appetizer for game-day, tailgating, or parties! Eggroll wrappers filled with spinach, corn, beans, cilantro, and cheese!
Check out the video of these chicken fajitas!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas - A quick and easy 30 minute meal! Chicken, bell pepper, and onions with delicious homemade fajita seasonings baked on a sheet pan together. Perfect in a tortilla topped with cheese!
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro optional
- 6 tortillas
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice bell peppers and onions 1/4" thick. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in chicken. Add in remaining items and mix together well. The chicken and veggies should be well coated in spices.
Transfer chicken and veggies to a sheet pan and spread out evenly. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro for garnish.
Originally posted on Yellow Bliss Road
Looking for more mexican recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Slow Cooker Mexican Beef from Who Needs a Cape?
Guacamole Eggrolls from An Affair from the Heart
Bacon Taco Dip from Seduction in the Kitchen