This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrvilleGameTime #CollectiveBias
Salted Caramel Bacon Popcorn
Salted Caramel Bacon Popcorn – A delicious snack mix perfect for a party or game day! Homemade salted caramel drizzled on popcorn and bacon.
Popcorn is seriously the best snack to munch on. Whether it is in a snack mix or buttery popcorn at the movies, it is always delicious. One of my favorite ways to eat it is in my famous salted caramel bacon popcorn. It is exactly what it sounds like, homemade salted caramel, crispy bacon, and popcorn. It is the ultimate snack for game day.
The secret to making this popcorn? It’s Orville Redenbacher’s® Movie Theater Butter popcorn! It has no artificial preservatives, flavors, or dyes and the group of family farmers who grow the kernels were hand selected by Orville Redenbacher back in 1952. Even today, farmers like Richard Overmyer still continue to grow those same special kernels that are even lighter and fluffier than ordinary popcorn. Plus, they are the only leading brand who uses real butter because your family deserves the best.
To get everything I needed, I popped over to my local Walmart. I grabbed the Orville Redenbacher’s® Movie Theater Butter popcorn (12 pack) from the popcorn section, it was easy to find.
What I love to do with this popcorn when I am serving it for game day is to put it in a big, festive bowl and put it on a snack table that has a fun football tablecloth. To find more inspiration for your game day party, click HERE.
How to make salted caramel bacon popcorn
Step 1 – Pop popcorn
Pop 3 mini bags of Orville Redenbacher’s® Movie Theater Butter popcorn according to the instructions on the packaging. It should be about 4 cups of popcorn.
Step 2 – Make caramel sauce
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it is boiling, bring heat up to high and stop stirring. Let boil until a nice amber color, about 6-10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour in heavy cream, butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined. The recipe was adapted from my salted caramel recipe.
Step 3 – Combine ingredients and bake
Transfer popcorn and bacon to the sheet pan lined with a silicon mat. Drizzle the caramel and use a spoon to mix it together. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. I highly suggest using a silicon mat, it really helps keep the popcorn from sticking to anything.
- 3 bags Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees and line a sheet pan with a silicon mat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it is boiling, bring heat up to high and stop stirring. Let boil until a nice amber color, about 6-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour in heavy cream, butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pop the popcorn and transfer to the sheet pan. Drizzle the caramel and the chopped bacon on top and use a spoon to mix it together. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.