Rum Balls – An easy no bake holiday dessert that’s perfect for parties! Made by blending just a few simple ingredients until smooth and then forming it into balls before rolling in sprinkles.
Rum balls are one of the BEST holiday desserts. The combination of spiced rum and chocolate is a match made in heaven and these little rum balls are a huge hit every time I make them. Just blend the ingredients in a food processor, roll into balls, and then cover with sprinkles before refrigerating for a few hours. That’s it! They can be made ahead of time and enjoyed whenever you want. I either add them to my cookie trays or serve them at holiday parties.
Common Questions About Making Rum Balls
What are rum balls?
Rum balls are a no baked truffle made by blending together chocolate wafers, pecans, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and rum until smooth, rolling the dough into balls, and then covering with sprinkles.
What variations can I make on rum balls?
Some easy variations are –
- Using walnuts instead of pecans.
- Try bourbon instead of rum.
- Graham crackers or nilla wafers instead of chocolate wafers if you want it be a little less chocolate-y.
Why are my rum balls sticky?
The balls harden up then they are in the refrigerator so don’t worry too much if they start out really sticky.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 rum balls.
How long do rum balls last?
Rum balls last a couple of weeks when stored in a refrigerated airtight container.
Looking for more easy holiday recipes? Check these out!
Rum Balls - An easy no bake holiday dessert that's perfect for parties! Made by blending just a few simple ingredients until smooth and then forming it into balls before rolling in sprinkles.
- 10 ounces chocolate biscuits (or nilla wafers)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup holiday sprinkles
- Add the chocolate wafers and pecan halves to the food processor and pulse until crumbs remain.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals until it has fully melted.
- Add the condensed milk, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, spiced rum, and salt to the food processor and pulse again until fully combined.
- Using a scoop, divide the mixture into 24 equal portions.
- Roll each into the sprinkles, then form into spheres as best you can once coated in the sprinkles.
- Set on a baking sheet and allow to chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.