Red Wine Brownies – A delicious spin on classic boxed brownie mix made with red wine! Made with just 4 ingredients, these brownies are amazing!
Red Wine Brownies
Calling all wine fans! After making my super tasty Kahlua Brownies recently, I decided I was going to jump ship and bake brownies with something else yummy in them – red wine! Now it may sound crazy but trust me, the wine just adds the nicest flavor to the brownies. I like to serve red wine brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of homemade chocolate sauce just to make it even more decadent!
Now it may be crazy but this recipe is made from boxed brownie mix. I think that it makes it a bit easier and since the alcohol is the star of the brownies, the boxed mix works great. Trust me, no one will have any idea that these brownies are from a box.
Common Questions About Making Red Wine Brownies
What else can I use Red Wine in?
Red wine can be used in so many things but some of my favorites include-
- Red Wine Truffles
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake
- Red Wine Fudge
- Red Wine Ice Cream
What kind of boxed brownie mix should I use?
Any boxed brownie will work fine. I usually stick to the basics like “fudge brownie” but just use whatever you have on hand or can find.
Can I frost these brownies?
Of course! You can either make your own frosting or use a pre-made can. Personally, I usually just put a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate sauce on top.
Will I get drunk from red wine brownies?
No, the alcohol cooks off as the brownies are baking.
Looking for more brownie recipes? Check out these recipes!
- 1 box of brownie mix (19.5 ounces)* (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x9" pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. Transfer to the pan and place in the oven to bake for the length of time the brownie mix box you are using says (mine was 35-40 minutes for a 9x9" pan).
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
* The amount of red wine in this recipe is a direct substitute for water in the boxed brownie recipe. While most say that the recipe needs 3 tablespoons of water, confirm that before you substitute in the red wine. If it needs more, then use more red wine.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe