Red Velvet Hot Chocolate – A gorgeous drink perfect for the holidays! Hot chocolate with all of your favorite red velvet flavors topped with cream cheese whipped cream!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
I can’t get over how much I LOVE this red velvet hot chocolate! Not only is the color of the hot chocolate a really pretty red, but it just tastes like a slice of red velvet cake in a cup. Start to finish, the whole recipe takes about 10-12 minutes which is one of my favorite parts about it because you can whip it up in a jiffy!
Now this recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients – milk, cream, vanilla, chocolate chips, red food coloring, and white chocolate sauce. While the white chocolate sauce is not completely necessary as red velvet cake normally doesn’t have white chocolate in it, I think it really adds to the flavor and makes it special. Either you can make the white chocolate sauce at home (click HERE for my recipe) or you can buy it at the store. Totally up to you! Additionally, I included a recipe for cream cheese whipped cream to take the drink to the next level. While you could totally use regular homemade whipped cream (or even the stuff from a can), I think the cream cheese whipped cream is extra yummy.
The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can make it for holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s Day because it is such a festive color. I like to add festive sprinkles to the top to really make it extra fun! If you love red velvet, I suggest making either a batch of red velvet cake mix cookies or red velvet truffles to go with the hot chocolate!
Looking for more hot chocolate recipes? Check these out!
- S’mores Hot Chocolate
- Salted Caramel White Hot Chocolate
- White Hot Chocolate
- Bailey’s Hot Chocolate
- RumChata Hot Chocolate
- Cinnamon Dolce White Hot Chocolate
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ounce white chocolate sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, heavy whipping cream, chocolate chips, white chocolate sauce, and vanilla extract. Cook until chocolate has melted before adding in red food coloring. Use however much you need to get it the color you want.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Once the whipped cream starts to come together, add in cream cheese and continue beating until there are hard peaks.
- Divide hot chocolate between two cups and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1227Total Fat: 98gSaturated Fat: 61gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 6gSugar: 71gProtein: 14g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.