Pumpkin Sugar Cookies – These cookies are the perfect fall dessert! Sugar cookies with pumpkin in them, covered in sugar, and then baked!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
I can’t believe I hadn’t baked a single pumpkin dessert yet this year! It’s one of my favorite flavors but I just hadn’t cracked open a can of pumpkin puree yet this year until I made these cookies. these pumpkin sugar cookies were well worth the wait and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you today!
This is such an easy recipe to make and they taste amazing! All you need are a few simple ingredients and less than an hour to make the recipe start to finish. These cookies could be made for Thanksgiving, fall parties, or even as an afternoon snack!
Common Questions About Making Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
What are pumpkin sugar cookies?
Pumpkin sugar cookies are a simple sugar cookie recipe with the addition of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 30 cookies.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last about three days stored in an airtight container.
- The butter is going to make out cookies soft and rich.
- Granulated sugar sweetens the cookies.
- Pumpkin adds great moisture and earthy flavor.
- Egg holds our cookies together.
- The vanilla enhances the flavor of the pumpkin.
- Flour is the base of our cookies – all-purpose works great in this recipe.
- Baking powder will help the cookies rise a little.
- Pumpkin pie spice enhances that “pumpkin” flavor we all love.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check these out!
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra sugar, to roll cookies in
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Place cookie dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and roll the dough into 1 inch balls of cookie dough and then roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet with at least 1-2 inches of space between cookies and lightly press down on each cookie.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.