Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee – Make your favorite fall drink at home! Cold brew coffee topped with a pumpkin spice sweet cream!
Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Coffee
Have you tried making cold brew coffee yet? I had been hearing about it for months but hadn’t actually given it a try until this past week and I finally get what all of the fuss is about. Cold brew coffee is so awesome and it’s such a refreshing drink for a hot day but I wanted to make my own spin on it for the fall. Immediately, I decided to combine a pumpkin spice latte and cold brew coffee to create the ultimate fall drink for coffee fans!
To make this pumpkin cream cold brew coffee, I combined classic cold brew coffee with a sweet cream made with pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. It gives it such a wonderful, warm pumpkin flavor!
Note – This recipe was updated in August 2021 with an updated recipe and photos.
Common questions about making pumpkin cream cold brew coffee
What is pumpkin cream cold brew coffee?
Pumpkin cream cold brew coffee is a simple iced drink recipe made with cold brew coffee that is topped with a homemade pumpkin sweet cream.
Do I have to make pumpkin sweet cream?
This is what gives the drink the pumpkin flavor. A fun variation is using 1 tablespoon of cinnamon dolce simple syrup instead of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice if you have that on hand.
How do I froth the sweet cream?
If you have a milk frother, I suggest using that but alternatively, a blender, immersion blender, or french press will work. If using a french press, plunge it up and down until it increases in volume. I know, it sounds like it won’t work but it does!
What is cold brew coffee?
Cold brew coffee is brewed with cold water overnight (about 12-15 hours). The coffee grounds are combined with water to brew.
Is cold brew stronger than iced coffee?
Yes, iced coffee is traditionally brewed warm and double the strength of normal coffee before being poured over ice. Cold brew is brewed with cold water which creates a much stronger brew.
- Feel free to make your cold brew if you prefer! Click HERE for my recipe.
- Milk and cream are the base of our sweet cream – they are going to whip into a smooth and delicious frothy cream.
- Brown sugar sweetens our sweet cream. Feel free to use your sweetener of choice such as pure maple syrup, honey, etc.
- Pumpkin puree helps add the pumpkin flavor and color to the drink.
- Pumpkin pie spice enhances the pumpkin flavor.
Looking for more easy drink recipes?
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cold brew
- Combine the milk, cream, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice in a milk frother and froth for 30 seconds, or until your desired thickness.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice, add the cold brew, and top with the pumpkin foam. Enjoy immediately.
* If you don't have a milk frother, you can also make the sweet cream in a blender, immersion blender, or a french press. If you use the french press, repeatedly plunge it up and down until the volume doubles.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.