Pumpkin Pound Cake – A delicious pound cake recipe made with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. This easy fall dessert is great as a simple sweet treat or for Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Pound Cake
I am so excited to be sharing this pumpkin pound cake recipe! Now that we are in the midst of pumpkin season, I have been making all kinds of pumpkin treats. I was inspired to make this cake by my series of bundt cakes that I made last year which used a pound cake base. Filled with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, this cake tastes like fall in every bite.
Common Questions About Making Pumpkin Pound Cake
What is a pumpkin pound cake?
Pumpkin pound cake is a simple pound cake with the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for flavor.
How long does this cake last?
This cake lasts about 3 days when stored in an airtight container.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
What is a pound cake?
A pound cake is typically a cake that is made with a pound of each of the following ingredients – flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. This is a modified version that uses less of all of those ingredients with the addition of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
What other types of pound cakes can I make?
Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla pound cake
- Lemon pound cake
- Buttermilk pound cake
What is pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin pie spice is a spice blend that can be bought in most grocery stores in the spice department or it can be made at home. If you want to make it, combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Looking for more pumpkin dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and eggs until well mixed. Add in melted butter and sugar, continue mixing until well blended.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring after each addition until all of the flour has been added.
- Transfer to the lined pan and bake for 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean).
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.