Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – The perfect fall cookie recipe! Soft and chewy pumpkin cookies filled with chocolate chips.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are pure pumpkin perfection! With pumpkin season in full swing, I have been baking up a storm with pumpkin in all kinds of recipes. One of the very best was this pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe. I love how soft and chewy, yet flavorful these cookies are. Start to finish, this recipe takes about an hour to make and it’s a really easy dessert to whip up. Trust me, they will be a new fall favorite.
Try serving the cookies with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top, it’s a great addition!
Common Questions About Making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
What are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are soft pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips or chocolate chunks mixed in.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 cookies but it can easily be doubled if you want more.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last up to three days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- The butter is going to make out cookies soft and rich.
- Brown sugar sweetens the cookies.
- Pumpkin adds great moisture and earthy flavor.
- Egg holds our cookies together.
- The vanilla enhances the flavor of the pumpkin and chocolate.
- Flour is the base of our cookies – all-purpose works great in this recipe.
- Baking soda will help the cookies rise a little.
- Pumpkin pie spice enhances that “pumpkin” flavor we all love.
- I use semi-sweet chocolate chips but use whatever you have on hand/like.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check these out!
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Next, add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and mix them in gently - just until no large lumps of flour remain.
- Next, add in the chocolate chips and fold them into the cookie dough.
- Transfer the dough to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Once the dough has chilled, scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls onto the baking sheets, making sure to place them at least 2" apart - these cookies will spread.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges and golden brown on the bottom.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan - they will set as they cool.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.