Pumpkin Bread – The perfect fall baking recipe! A simple quick bread recipe made with warm pumpkin spices and pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin bread is a staple at my house during fall. Whether it’s for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack, pumpkin bread is always perfect. I like this recipe because it is simple to make and tastes perfect every time. This recipe is also easy to adjust and personalize with streusel topping or chocolate chips depending on how you like your pumpkin bread.
Common Questions About Making Pumpkin Bread
What is pumpkin bread?
Pumpkin bread is a simple sweet quick bread recipe made with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices.
Can I make streusel?
If you want to add a streusel to the top before baking, combine ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Mix until the streusel resembles wet sand and then sprinkle it over the loaf. Bake as directed above.
What can I serve with pumpkin bread?
This pumpkin bread is delicious by itself, but you can also serve it with butter, pumpkin butter, honey, or maple syrup.
Are there any variations I can make of pumpkin bread?
Of course! I like to add chocolate or white chocolate chips to my pumpkin bread but additionally, adding zucchini or banana is good too.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 10 slices.
How long does pumpkin bread last?
Pumpkin bread lasts up to three days when stored in a refrigerated airtight container.
Ingredient Notes –
- All-purpose flour is going to be the structure for our pumpkin bread.
- Brown sugar is going to provide a richness and sweetness to the bread.
- Pumpkin pie spice is going to give us that classic pumpkin flavor.
- Baking powder is going to help the pumpkin bread rise.
- Eggs are going to be a binder for our bread.
- Pumpkin puree is going to keep the bread moist, give us that classic orange color, and bring the earthy pumpkin flavor.
- Melted butter is going to give the bread richness and make sure it doesn’t dry out.
- Vanilla is going to enhance the flavor of the pumpkin and spices.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check these out!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and milk. Whisk just until combined - you don't want to overmix.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Then, run a knife around the edge and turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cool completely before slicing. Store any leftover pumpkin bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.