Pizza Pinwheels – A quick and easy appetizer! Pizza dough filled with marinara sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, and pepperoni and baked until golden brown. The ultimate pinwheel recipe!
These pepperoni pizza pinwheels is really the ultimate pinwheel recipe! There seems to be quite a bit of varience between pinwheel recipes, some being made with tortillas and not baked while other are like these, baked to golden perfection. I prefer the baked pinwheel recipes because they are nice and warm with gooey cheese! These pizza pinwheels have all of you favorite pizza ingredients in them like pepperoni but it’s so easy to customize them! Add in all of you favorite toppings from bell pepper and onion to bacon. The possibilities are endless!
Tips on pizza pinwheels recipe
- I suggest microwaving the pepperoni that will be on top on a plate covered with paper towel for 15-20 seconds. This helps pull out a lot of the grease, cutting down on grease pools on top of the dip which just happen when you cook with pepperoni.
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of it, leaving 1/2" border around the edge. Top evenly with mozzarella, parmesan, pepperoni, italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Starting on the long side of the dough, roll the dough up tightly. Slice the roll into 12 pieces and place on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Jalapeno Pretzel Dogs from Who Needs a Cape?
Creamy Pesto Shrimp Appetizer from Life Currents
Philly Cheesesteak Dip from An Affair from the Heart