Pizza Pinwheels – A quick and easy appetizer! Pizza dough filled with marinara sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, and pepperoni and baked until golden brown. The ultimate pinwheel recipe!
These pepperoni pizza pinwheels is really the ultimate pinwheel recipe! There seems to be quite a bit of variance between pinwheel recipes, some being made with tortillas and not baked while other are like these, baked to golden perfection. I prefer the baked pinwheel recipes because they are nice and warm with gooey cheese! These pizza pinwheels have all of you favorite pizza ingredients in them like pepperoni but it’s so easy to customize them! Add in all of you favorite toppings from bell pepper and onion to bacon. The possibilities are endless!
Tips on pizza pinwheels recipe
- I suggest microwaving the pepperoni that will be on top on a plate covered with paper towel for 15-20 seconds. This helps pull out a lot of the grease, cutting down on grease pools on top of the dip which just happen when you cook with pepperoni.
- Are there any other ingredients you love on your pizza? Try adding in a bit of those ingredients too or even instead of the pepperoni. Some possibilities include bell pepper, sausage, ground beef, onion, etc.
- Don’t have canned pizza dough on hand? You could make dough from scratch instead or substitute in a sheet of uncut crescent dough or even puff pastry. Cooking times may need to be adjusted so aim low on time and just add more until the dough is cooked through. It’s better to add more time than to burn you food!
Can’t get enough of this pizza pinwheels recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough and spread marinara sauce evenly on top of it, leaving 1/2" border around the edge. Top evenly with mozzarella, parmesan, pepperoni, italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Starting on the long side of the dough, roll the dough up tightly. Slice the roll into 12 pieces and place on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 561mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.