Homemade Pico de Gallo – The perfect topping for tacos or with tortilla chips! Fresh tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. So easy to make and delicious!
Homemade Pico de Gallo
Pico de gallo is seriously so awesome on everything from tacos to chips, you just can’t go wrong with this amazing combination of fresh flavors! I made it to go on a batch of beer battered fish tacos I made during my Mexican food feast this weekend and it was so delicious! Pair it with a bit of homemade guacamole, they are awesome together!
Over the years, I have had so many great batches of pico de gallo but hadn’t ever made it myself before. It was surprising how easy it was to make and it will be a staple at my house now!
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out my Chicken Fajita Flatbread Pizza!
Tips on pico de gallo recipe
- If you want it to be a bit less spicy, just use half a jalapeño.
- Add in some avocado or shrimp to take this pico de gallo recipe to the next level.
- 5 roma tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely diced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and serve with tortilla chips.
Looking for more mexican recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Barbacoa Beef Tacos from Bowl Me Over
Ranchero Taco Bake from Seduction in the Kitchen
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup from Platter Talk