Pesto Christmas Tree Breadsticks – An incredible appetizer perfect for a Christmas party! Puff pastry layered with delicious basil pesto and parmesan, cut into the shape of a pull apart Christmas tree.
Pesto Christmas Tree Breadsticks
I think this is my new favorite Christmas appetizer! I am a huge fan of pesto and combining it with parmesan and flaky, tender puff pastry is so tasty! It is pull apart so it’s perfect for a party! Each of these pesto breadsticks is super tasty dipped in marinara sauce. One of the best parts of this Christmas tree bread is that it was surprisingly easy to make. It only took about 30 minutes start to finish with only 3 ingredients!
Tips on pesto christmas tree breadsticks
- If you have extra puff pastry, cut out a star and put it on the top of the tree!
- Want to make a dessert version? Instead of pesto and parmesan, use nutella or cinnamon sugar!
Looking for more holiday appetizers? Check out these recipes!
- Spinach Artichoke Bites
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Ball
- Baked Asiago Cheese Dip
- Savory Parmesan Herb Palmiers
- Caprese Tortellini Skewers
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Egg wash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 sheet of puff pastry into the shape of a Christmas tree (triangle with a small rectangle at the bottom for the trunk). Spread pesto and parmesan over the puff pastry before placing the second sheet of puff pastry on top. Cut the excess puff pastry off so it is the exact same shape as the other other sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut slits horizontally on the puff pastries, leaving about 1/2" in the middle uncut. Make these slits about every 1/2". Twist each strip twice.
- Place on sheet pan and brush pastry with egg wash. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.