Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Classic chocolate chip cookies with a holiday spin! Made with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes, these cookies will be a new favorite!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are going to knock your socks off. Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie but with peppermint being one of the best holiday flavors, I decided to take that classic cookie and give it a spin by combining peppermint and chocolate chip cookies! The cookie itself has a basic chocolate chip cookie base but I loaded it with dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes to gives it peppermint flavor. Trust me, these cookies are AMAZING!
Common Questions About Making Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
What are peppermint chocolate chip cookies?
Peppermint chocolate chip cookies are classic chocolate chip cookies with the addition of crushed candy canes and white chocolate chips.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 cookies but can easily be doubled if you want more.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last about 3 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
I used dark chocolate chips but semi-sweet would also be great!
Ingredient Notes –
- Butter is the base of the cookie. It adds richness and creates a chewy center and crisp edge.
- Brown sugar creates a slightly softer and chewier cookie, but you could use granulated sugar if that’s what you have on hand.
- Egg binds the cookies together so they aren’t too crumbly.
- Vanilla enhances the sweetness and flavor of the chocolate.
- Flour gives the cookies structure and helps prevent them from spreading too much.
- Baking soda helps the cookies rise slightly so they stay soft and chewy.
- These are peppermint chocolate chip cookies so I’m using dark chocolate, white chocolate, and crushed candy canes – but feel free to use your add-ins of choice.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (about 7 standard candy canes)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mixing just until combined.
- Lastly, add the dark chocolate, white chocolate, and candy canes. Fold them gently into the batter.
- Cover and transfer the cookie dough to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. White the dough chills, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once the dough is completely chilled, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure to place them at least 2 inches apart - these cookies will spread.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are just set. Immediately when the cookies come out of the oven, tap the tray on the counter to deflate the cookies slightly.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray and then transfer them to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to three days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.