Peppermint Bark – A delicious and easy to make holiday treat made by layering chocolate, peppermint white chocolate, and crushed candy canes. It’s so addicting and great for Christmas parties and cookie trays.
I am so excited to finally be sharing my favorite peppermint bark recipe this year! I have been making this for years for my holiday cookie trays but somehow, the recipe had never made it on here. After seeing how much people loved my oreo bark, I finally snapped some pictures and got the recipe all ready for you guys!
Made with just 4 simple ingredients, peppermint bark is an easy treat that anyone can make! The recipe is super straight forward and trust me, you are going to love it.
Common Questions About Making Peppermint Bark
What is peppermint bark?
Peppermint bark is a simple no bake dessert made by melting chocolate chips and spreading it on a lined pan before topping it with melted white chocolate that has been mixed with peppermint extract. It’s finished with crushed candy canes and broken into pieces before serving.
What kind of white chocolate should I use?
I suggest using a high quality white chocolate bar (such as ghiradelli) because it melts better and tastes better.
How should I store peppermint bark?
I suggest storing it in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or freezer.
What variations can I make on this recipe?
- Using all white chocolate or all chocolate in this recipe – just substitute whichever you like for the other so you have enough chocolate in it.
- Substituting in dark chocolate – try the recipe with dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate.
- Add candy cane kisses – I know, this isn’t traditional but adding 1/2 cup chopped candy cane kisses on top with the crushed candy canes is DELICIOUS!
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings.
What other types of bark can I make?
Some of my favorite bark recipes include –
Looking for more easy holiday recipes? Check these out!
- 6 ounces white chocolate (high quality)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Make sure to stir between each interval so that it doesn't burn.
- Transfer the chocolate to the lined pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Let it set for a few minutes so that is has firmed up a little, but not fully hardened.
- In a second bowl, melt the white chocolate, also in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Make sure to stir between each interval so that it doesn't burn.
- Once melted, add in the peppermint extract and mix well.
- Spread on top of the chocolate and immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate until hardened (at least 30 minutes). Remove from the refrigerator and take the bark out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a knife, break into pieces.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.