Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – The perfect combination of a peanut butter cookie and an oatmeal cookie! Easy to make and so tasty!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut butter and oatmeal cookies are two of my favorites! Combining the two cookies into one makes them even better! For this recipe, I used a basic oatmeal cookie recipe and added in some peanut butter and they become a soft cookie that is hard not to eat quite a few of! You can also add in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips to make these cookies even more exciting but they taste great as is too. The recipe makes about 24 cookies but you can easily double the recipe if you want to make a bigger batch.
Common Questions About Making Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
What kind of oats should I use?
I suggest using old fashioned oats but you can substitute them for quick-cooking oats. Please don’t use steel-cut oats, the cookies won’t turn out correctly.
What other mix-ins can I put in oatmeal cookies?
Some other fun varieties of oatmeal cookies include –
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Cherry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Why are my oatmeal cookies hard?
You probably baked them a bit too long. The key with cookies is that they continue to bake once they are pulled out of the oven so while you don’t want to pull them out as raw cookie dough, you do want to keep in mind that they will crisp up a little still.
Looking for other cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Cookies
- Soft Gingersnap Cookies
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together before pouring into the mixing bowl that has the wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Scoop cookie dough into balls that are about 2 tablespoons worth of cookie dough before placing on the lined sheet pan, leaving about 2" of space on all sides so that the cookies can expand. Lightly press down the cookies using a fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place sheet pan in the oven to cook for about 10-12 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be slightly golden. Remove from oven and let the cookies sit on the sheet pan for about 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.