Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – Peanut butter cookies filled with chopped Reese’s cups and chocolate chips. These cookies are so good!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
These cookies are pure chocolate and peanut butter bliss. Classic peanut butter cookies loaded with chopped Reese’s cups and chocolate chips, it doesn’t get any better than this! After making my brown butter peanut butter cookies a few weeks ago, I have been on a peanut butter cookie kick which led me to making these incredible cookies. I wanted to figure out how to combine chocolate and peanut butter into one cookie and I knew that Reese’s cups was the perfect way to make this happen.
This recipe makes about 12 cookies but you can always double the recipe for more!
Common Questions About Making Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
What are peanut butter cup cookies?
Peanut butter cup cookies are classic peanut butter cookies filled with Reese’s cups and chocolate chips.
What else can I use Reese’s cups in?
Reese’s cups are great in so many desserts! Some of my favorites include –
What kind of peanut butter should I use?
So any type of peanut butter will work whether it is natural or something classic like JIF but if it is a natural one that is a bit chunkier, then it might have a bit different texture.
What other varieties of peanut butter cookies can I make?
While a classic peanut butter cookie is great, sometimes it is fun to mix it up and try something different! Here are my other favorite variation on a peanut butter cookie!
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
- Fluffernutter Cookies (peanut butter + marshmallow)
How long do these cookies last?
They last up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Reese's cups (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silmat mats.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until it is well combined - about 1 minute.
- Next add in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Stir together the flour and baking powder in another small mixing bowl then beat into the wet ingredients on low speed, just until no large lumps of flour remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Reese's cups.
- Once well incorporated, scoop out the dough and shape into 1" balls. Flatten the balls with a fork, if desired.
- Bake until the edges begin to turn golden brown - about 13-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Make sure to check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.