Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies – These cookies are soft and chewy with a strong peanut flavor and rich dark chocolate chunks. Easy to make and so delicious!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These cookies are absolutely perfect! Like most people, I love peanut butter and chocolate together so I’m always looking to make more desserts that incorporate both flavors. For these cookies, I kept it simple and just made a great peanut butter cookie and loaded it with lots of chunks of chocolate and they turned out so tasty!
Common Questions About Making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
What are peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies?
Peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies are a basic peanut butter cookie loaded with pieces of chocolate.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 18 cookies but it can easily be doubled if you want more.
How long do these cookies last?
These cookies last up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
What other varieties of peanut butter cookies can I make?
There are so many variations on a classic peanut butter cookie to try! Some of my favorites include –
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredient Notes –
- Butter is the base of our cookies– it gives structure and richness. I’m using salted butter so if you use unsalted, make sure to add ½ teaspoon kosher salt in Step 2. Make sure the butter is fully softened so it incorporates smoothly with the other ingredients.
- Light brown sugar creates a rich, chewy cookie so I prefer it over granulated sugar in this recipe.
- I highly recommend a “classic” no stir peanut butter in this recipe– all natural peanut butters tend to be more wet and can affect the texture of the cookies.
- Egg helps bind the cookie dough together.
- Vanilla enhances the flavor and sweetness of the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Flour gives the cookies structure. Make sure to spoon and level so you don’t add too much. We don’t want dry cookies.
- Baking powder helps the cookies rise slightly so they become super soft and chewy.
- I’m using 70% Ghiradelli baking bars in this recipe but chocolate chips would work too! Just make sure to use good quality chocolate.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the softened butter and light brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Next, add the flour and baking powder. Mix until the flour is about half combined, and then add the chopped chocolate. Fold the chocolate into the cookie dough - make sure not to overmix!
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon sized portions and roll them into smooth balls. Press them down slightly until they are a 1/2" tall disc and place them on the prepared baking sheet - leave at least 2" between the cookies as they will spread while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set. For the chewiest cookies, make sure not to overcook!
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan and then transfer them to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to four days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.