Patriotic Mug Cake – A simple vanilla mug cake jam-packed with red, white, and blue sprinkles! Takes just a few minutes to whip up and is perfect for Fourth of July or Memorial Day!
I’m back with yet another mug cake! The other day, I was hanging out with my friends and we were going to make a vanilla cake but then decided that was too much effort and it would end up taking too long since it was already getting late. Since I seem to have a thing for making mug cakes, I suggested that instead and went ahead to make 5 funfetti mug cakes. Honestly, it ended up just as much work to make as a normal cake because of how many I was making (and I had to do a painful amount of multiplication to make sure I had the correct amounts of ingredients) but it was worth the work! They were so good!
The next day I thought of the brilliant idea to make it a patriotic mug cake with red, white, and blue sprinkles instead of rainbow sprinkles inside, topped with homemade whipped cream and even more sprinkles! It is perfect for any patriotic holiday from 4th of July to Memorial Day!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp red, white, and blue sprinkles
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except for the sprinkles. Stir until well combined.
- Add in sprinkles and and lightly stir. Do not over stir or the sprinkles color will bleed.
- Microwave for 1-1.5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with whipped cream and extra sprinkles on top!