No Bake Pumpkin Pie – A simple 7 ingredient, no bake version of everyone’s favorite fall pie! Graham cracker crust topped with pumpkin pie filling and whipped topping.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
You can’t have Thanksgiving without having pumpkin pie. Last year, I couldn’t get a hold of a pumpkin pie at the store so I had to get creative with the ingredients I had on hand. When I opened up my pantry, I saw a pre-made graham cracker crust and decided that I could use that to make a no-bake version of a pumpkin pie. It’s easy to make and comes together in about 10 minutes. It’s great because you can get it all prepped the day before Thanksgiving (or any holiday parties that you take it to) and just top it with the remaining whipped topping right before serving. I like to serve it with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce (or bourbon salted caramel sauce) and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Common Questions About Making No Bake Pumpkin Pie
What is no bake pumpkin pie?
A no bake pumpkin pie is a no bake pie made with graham cracker crust, a filling made with vanilla pudding and pumpkin puree, whipped topping, and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
What kind of vanilla pudding should I use?
You can use whatever your favorite vanilla instant pudding is whether it is regular, french vanilla, or vanilla bean. Alternatively, you could substitute in homemade vanilla pudding for the instant mix and half-and-half in the recipe.
Can I make a homemade crust?
Yes, if you are making your own crust, use a graham cracker crust made with either honey or cinnamon graham crackers. Don’t use a buttered pie crust recipe, it will taste weird and involve baking.
Do I need to refrigerate pumpkin pie?
Yes, because there is dairy in the recipe, the pie needs to be refrigerated after it is made.
What kind of whipped topping should I use?
Either cool whip or homemade whipped cream.
What other types of no bake pies can I make?
Some of my favorite no bake pies are –
Looking for more fall desserts? Check these out!
- 1 (9") graham cracker crust (see notes for homemade recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups whipped topping (divided)
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding mix, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the half-and-half and stir until smooth.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping, then transfer the pumpkin mixture to the graham cracker crust.
- Allow the pie to sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours, then top with the remaining whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon right before serving.
* For a homemade graham cracker crust -
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Prepare crust by mixing together the ingredients.
- Press firmly down into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie dish.
- Set aside until ready to use.
* The whipped topping can either be homemade whipped cream or cool-whip.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.