No Bake Peppermint Pie – The perfect easy no bake pie recipe that takes just minutes to make! Oreo crust filled with a creamy peppermint filling and topped with whipped topping and crushed candy canes, this pie tastes like the holidays!
No Bake Peppermint Pie
If you are going to any holiday parties, then this peppermint pie is a must-make! It’s no bake so there is no need to turn your oven on and it takes just minutes to make (along with a few hours to set in the fridge). It doesn’t get any easier than this! It has an oreo crust base and it’s filled with a creamy peppermint filling that tastes like Christmas in every bite.
Common Questions About Making a No Bake Peppermint Pie
What is a no bake peppermint pie?
A no bake peppermint pie is a simple dessert with a oreo crust that is made by making a filling that has a pudding base that is flavored with peppermint extract and then topped with whipped topping and crushed candy canes.
Can I use a pre-made crust?
Of course! You could definitely use a chocolate graham cracker crust or a pre-made oreo crust. Just don’t use a buttered pie crust recipe, it will taste weird.
How can I decorate this pie?
I like to sprinkle crushed candy canes on top but you could also use crushed oreos, candy cane rounds, or peppermint kisses.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
Do I need to refrigerate peppermint pie?
Yes, because there is dairy in the recipe, the pie needs to be refrigerated after it is made.
Looking for easy holiday dessert recipes? Check these out!
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
For the Filling
- 2 (4 ounce) packets instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip (divided)
- Crushed candy canes (for garnish)
- Place the oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the butter and pulse again until mixed throughout.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie dish, place into fridge while filling is prepared.
- In a large bowl, add the pudding packets, milk, and half-and-half and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and a small amount of red color.
- Gently fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Smooth the mixture into the prepared crust, then allow to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Add the remaining whipped topping and garnish with crushed candy canes just before serving, if desired.
Follow along on Pinterest for even more recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.