No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – A delicious no bake cheesecake made with an oreo crust, oreo cheesecake filling, whipped topping, and crushed oreos all layered into one tasty dessert!
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
I think there is one thing that most people can agree on – oreos are pretty dang great. Whether you are a fan of classic oreos, you are a golden oreo kind of person, or you are into all of the fun flavors like lemon or red velvet, there is an oreo for everyone. After making a classic oreo cheesecake a few years back, I had been wanting to try making an easier version that was no bake. Now don’t get me wrong, I love a classic baked cheesecake but honestly, I have messed them up enough times that I tend to make no bake cheesecakes instead now most of the time. They taste great and are done so much faster with less work!
Now this recipe has 4 layers of yumminess in it – an oreo crust, oreos cheesecake filling, whipped topping, and crushed oreos. I though about stopping after the oreo cheesecake filling but alas, it needed more oreos! I got away with using a family sized pack of oreos with just a few to spare but if you only have a regular sized pack of oreos, don’t worry too much if you have to cut a few out of each step of the recipe. As for whipped topping, you can either use cool whip or homemade whipped cream. I prefer the taste of homemade whipped cream so that’s what I used but if you aren’t going to eat it immediately, then use cool whip. It will hold it’s shape better.
Check out our web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.
Common Questions About Making a No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
What is a no bake oreo cheesecake?
It is a cheesecake made with an oreo crust, an oreo cheesecake filling, whipped topping, and crushed oreos. This recipe is meant to be no bake so there are no eggs or anything in it that necessitate baking.
Can buy an oreo crust?
Yes! Most stores have either an oreo crust by the pre-made graham cracker crusts in the baking section or they have a chocolate crust that would also work.
Do I need to refrigerate a no bake oreo cheesecake?
Yes, because there is dairy in the recipe, the cheesecake needs to be refrigerated after it is made.
What kind of whipped topping should I use?
Either cool whip or homemade whipped cream.
What else can I make with oreos?
There are so many things you can make with oreos! Some of my favorites include –
- No Bake Oreo Truffles
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Cookies
- Oreo Fudge
- Oreo Fluff
- Oreo Brownies
- Oreo Blondies
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? Check these out!
- Golden Oreo Truffles
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 25 Oreo cookies *(see notes)
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 20 Oreos (crushed)
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 12 Oreos (crushed)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed oreos and butter. Mix until well combined and then transfer to a 9" pie dish. Spread evenly along the bottom and then place in the freezer to set.
- While the crust is in the freezer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth using a mixer. Add in whipped topping and crushed oreos, mixing until just combined.
- Remove crust from freezer and transfer the oreo cheesecake filling into the crust. Spread evenly out and then top with extra whipped topping. Sprinkle crushed oreos on top and then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
* A lot of stores have a pre-made oreo crust that you can buy. If you use that, just skip to the next step.