No Bake Lemon Pie – The perfect easy no bake pie recipe that takes just minutes to make! This lemon pie is made with only 5 simple ingredients and is perfect for springtime parties!
No Bake Lemon Pie
Lemon is one of the BEST springtime flavors! For Easter this year, I wanted to utilize that flavor and turn it into a no bake pie that I could bring to the party I was planning on attending. I love no bake pies because they are one of the easiest desserts to make and they are always a hit. What’s not to love about a lemon pie?!
To make it, I kept it really simple and used a pre-made crust, instant lemon pudding, cool whip, and fresh lemon. I decided to have a layer of just lemon pudding at the bottom as it gives it a bit of color when you slice into the pie and a bit of variety to the taste. On top of that, I had a layer of the remaining lemon pudding that was blended with cool whip and both fresh lemon juice and zest for an extra punch of flavor.
Common Questions About Making a No Bake Lemon Pie
What is a no bake lemon pie?
A no bake lemon pie is a simple dessert made by filling a pre-made graham cracker crust with a layer of lemon pudding and then a layer of whipped topping blended with lemon pudding, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 1 pie that has about 8 slices.
Do I have to use cool whip?
Yes. I do recommend sticking with brand name cool whip, the generic no name version I tried first didn’t seem to hold its shape as well as brand name.
Do I have to use fresh lemon?
You don’t have to add the lemon juice and zest to the pudding mix, but it definitely makes the flavor a bit more tangy!
Can I use milk instead of half and half?
Please stick to using the half and half, I found that milk is too thin in testing.
Can I make a homemade crust?
Yes! Feel free to make a homemade crust out of graham crackers (or nilla wafers). To do so, you will need –
- 3 cups graham crackers (crushed into crumbs)
- 2/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar until well combined.
Press into a 9″ pie plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
How can I garnish this pie?
So I garnished the pie by piping the last cup of cool whip around the edge and then topping it with slices of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of lemon zest but you could also just top the pie with the remaining cool whip and just spread it around with a spatula if you want it to be easier.
What are some other no bake pie recipes?
Some of my favorite no bake pie recipes include –
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 2 (3 ounces) packages instant lemon pudding
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- 1 (4-cup) tub cool whip (divided)
- Remove one cup of cool whip from the tub and set aside for the topping.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix, half and half, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Pour half the lemon mixture into the graham cracker crust and spread it evenly across the crust.
- Add the remaining cool whip from the tub (should be about 3 cups) into the lemon mixture and fold gently to combine.
- Transfer the lemon mixture to the pie, carefully spreading it on top of the lemon layer that is already in the crust.
- Decorate with the remaining cool whip or simply spread it over the top.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with lemon zest and fresh lemon (if desired) and serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.