No Bake Golden Oreo Cheesecake – A delicious no bake cheesecake made with a golden oreo crust, golden oreo cheesecake filling, whipped topping, and crushed golden oreos all layered into one tasty dessert!
No Bake Golden Oreo Cheesecake
I’ll be the first to admit – I love oreos… but I love golden oreos more. Something about the delicious vanilla sandwich cookies are so absolutely tasty and I just can’t get enough of them! Whether you are a fan of classic oreos, you are a golden oreo kind of person, or you are into all of the fun flavors like lemon or red velvet, there is an oreo for everyone. After making a no bake oreo cheesecake a few months back, I got to wondering if I could make these same cheesecake with golden oreos. Substituting the golden oreos into the recipe turned out absolutely amazing!
Now this recipe has 4 layers of yumminess in it – a golden oreo crust, golden oreo cheesecake filling, whipped topping, and crushed golden oreos. I thought about stopping after the golden oreo cheesecake filling but alas, it needed more golden oreos! I got away with using a family sized pack of oreos with just a few to spare but if you only have a regular sized pack of oreos, don’t worry too much if you have to cut a few out of each step of the recipe. As for whipped topping, you can either use cool whip or homemade whipped cream. I prefer the taste of homemade whipped cream so that’s what I used but if you aren’t going to eat it immediately, then use cool whip. It will hold it’s shape better.
Common Questions About Making a No Bake Golden Oreo Cheesecake
What is a no bake golden oreo cheesecake?
It is a cheesecake made with a golden oreo crust, an golden oreo cheesecake filling, whipped topping, and crushed golden oreos. This recipe is meant to be no bake so there are no eggs or anything in it that necessitate baking.
Do I need to refrigerate a no bake golden oreo cheesecake?
Yes, because there is dairy in the recipe, the cheesecake needs to be refrigerated after it is made.
What kind of whipped topping should I use?
Either cool whip or homemade whipped cream.
What else can I make with oreos/golden oreos?
There are so many things you can make with oreos! Some of my favorites include –
- No Bake Oreo Truffles
- No Bake Golden Oreo Truffles
- No Bake Lemon Cookie Truffles (made with lemon oreos!)
- Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Milkshake
Looking for more easy cheesecake recipes? Check these out!
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Cookie Monster Cheesecake
- Boozy Dulce de Leche No Bake Cheesecake
Golden Oreo Crust
- 25 golden oreo cookies (crushed)
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 20 golden oreos (chopped)
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 12 golden oreos (chopped)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed golden oreos and butter for the crust. Mix until well combined and then transfer to a 9" pie dish. Spread evenly along the bottom and then place in the freezer to set.
- While the crust is in the freezer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth using a mixer. Add in whipped topping and chopped golden oreos, mixing until just combined.
- Remove crust from freezer and transfer the cheesecake filling into the crust. Spread evenly out and then top with extra whipped topping. Sprinkle chopped oreos on top and then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
* Crushed oreos are pulverized whereas chopped are just cut into a few pieces.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe