No Bake Coconut Cream Pie – The perfect easy no bake pie recipe that takes just minutes to make! This coconut pie is made with only 5 simple ingredients and is perfect for summertime parties!
No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
Every slice of this pie tastes like summer! Coconut is always one of my go-to flavors for summer. With Memorial Day last weekend, I wanted to make a no bake pie to serve to guests and decided to use my no bake lemon pie as a base recipe but with coconut flavors instead of lemon. It turned out great and guests gobbled it up!
To make it, I kept it really simple and used a pre-made crust, instant coconut pudding, half-and-half, cool whip, and sweetened shredded coconut. I decided to have a layer of just coconut pudding at the bottom as it gives it a bit of color when you slice into the pie and a bit of variety to the taste. On top of that, I had a layer of the remaining coconut pudding that was blended with cool whip. Finishing it off, I toasted up the shredded coconut and sprinkled that all over the top so that you had a bit of that lovely toasted flavor and a bit of texture.
Common Questions About Making a No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
What is a no bake coconut cream pie?
A no bake coconut cream pie is a simple dessert made by filling a pre-made graham cracker crust with a layer of coconut pudding and then a layer of whipped topping blended with coconut pudding, and topped with toasted coconut.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 1 pie that has about 8 slices.
Do I have to use cool whip?
Yes. I do recommend sticking with brand name cool whip, the generic no name version I tried first didn’t seem to hold its shape as well as brand name.
Can I use milk instead of half and half?
Please stick to using the half and half, I found that milk is too thin in testing.
How can I garnish this pie?
I like to cover the top with toasted shredded coconut but you could also top it with some fresh fruit for a pop of color.
Can I make a homemade crust?
Yes! Feel free to make a homemade crust out of graham crackers (or nilla wafers). To do so, you will need –
- 3 cups graham crackers (crushed into crumbs)
- 2/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar until well combined.
Press into a 9″ pie plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
What are some other no bake pie recipes?
Some of my favorite no bake pie recipes include –
Looking for more no bake dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant coconut pudding
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut pudding and half-and-half until smooth.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture into the prepared crust.
- Fold the cool whip into the remaining pudding mixture, then place on top of pudding in the pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- While the pie is chilling, toast the coconut flakes. This can be done on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes, or in a frying pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. The coconut should be a light golden brown.
- Top the pie with coconut flakes immediately before serving. Slice and enjoy.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.