No Bake Chocolate Cookies – The EASIEST cookie recipe ever! Made by combining just a few simple ingredients in a bowl and scooping the cookies out, these cookies will be your new favorite thing to make!
No Bake Chocolate Cookies
No bake desserts are the best. Whether you want an easy weeknight dessert or need something simple to make for a holiday party, it’s nice not to have to take up space in your oven. These no bake chocolate cookies are quick, easy, and going to be a huge hit with everyone in your family. When I first made them, I definitely thought they would be worse than a normal cookie so I was pleasantly surprised when they were completely delicious!
Common Questions About Making No Bake Chocolate Cookies
What are no bake chocolate cookies?
No bake chocolate cookies are cookies made by melting down butter, sugar, and milk and combining it with oats, coconut, cocoa powder, and salt. Once mixed, you let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to harden up a bit and then you use a cookie scoop to portion it and then flatten into a cookie shape.
What should I do if the dough doesn’t come together?
If the mixture starts to crumble when you form it into cookies, place the mixture in the microwave for 35-40 seconds.
Do the cookies harden?
Yes, as the cookies sit and cool, they start to harden up.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 24 cookies.
How should I store these cookies?
I suggest storing these cookies in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Can I decorate these cookies?
Yes! I sprinkled from festive sprinkles on top when I formed them to make them festive for the holidays (pictured below).
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, coconut, cocoa powder, and salt in a large microwavable bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Place sugar, butter, and milk in a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the syrup into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Let set 5 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the mixture onto the sheet pan. Gently press the cookies down into a flatter cookie shape.
- Store in an airtight container.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.