No Churn Moose Tracks Ice Cream – The easiest moose tracks ice cream recipe ever! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this ice cream tastes so good!
No Churn Moose Tracks Ice Cream
Moose tracks ice cream is so good! After making homemade vanilla bean and homemade chocolate ice cream the past few weeks, I wanted to experiment and try making more of my favorite ice cream varieties and I decided that moose tracks ice cream had to be on the list! Moose tracks is made with a homemade vanilla ice cream with swirls of chocolate fudge sauce and chopped Reese’s cups.
Make sure to leave yourself enough time before you plan on serving it, I like to make it a day ahead and let it freeze overnight so that no one ends up with a bowl of ice cream that didn’t set correctly. The only other major pitfall is just make sure that you are using sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk! Seriously, evaporated milk will not work and this is a common mistake people make when making homemade ice cream. Apart from that, this is such an easy recipe to make!
Make sure to check out my 40+ best ice cream recipes post for all of the very best ice cream recipes!
Common Questions About Making Moose Tracks Ice Cream
What is moose tracks ice cream?
Moose tracks ice cream is a vanilla ice cream base filled with fudge sauce and peanut butter cups.
What does no churn mean?
No churn means that you don’t use a dedicated ice cream maker and that the recipe likely doesn’t contain eggs. It’s an easier process for a home cook to master and be able to make without getting special equipment.
Can I make the ice cream base chocolate instead of vanilla?
Want to make a chocolate ice cream base? You will need
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
For step two of this recipe –
Heat the chopped chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl until melted. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and fold it together gently – you don’t want to deflate it!
What can I top cookies and cream ice cream with?
Some of my favorite ice cream toppings are –
What other types of ice cream can I make?
There are so many different types of homemade ice cream to make! Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Lavender Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Mocha Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
Looking for more chocolate desserts? Check these recipes out!
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Samoa Bars (Chocolate, Caramel, and Coconut)
- Brownie Truffles
- Chocolate Fudge
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's cups (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fudge sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form - about 3 minutes.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Add chopped Reese's cups and fold gently to combine.
- Transfer to a plastic ice cream tub or loaf pan and swirl in the fudge sauce.
- Freeze 4+ hours before scooping.
- Store covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.