No Churn Mocha Ice Cream – The easiest chocolate and espresso ice cream recipe ever! Made with just 6 simple ingredients, this ice cream tastes so good!
Mocha Ice Cream
Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts. I love how many flavors there are and how easy it is to make at home! I was really craving some ice cream the other night so I decided to make some. The flavor I decided on was mocha and I wanted it to be a no-churn recipe. Now that may sound impossible but it was SO easy to make! All you have to do is melt the chocolate, whip the heavy whipping cream, combine those things, and then freeze. Easy peasy!
I think the flavor of the ice cream turned out just right. I based the recipe on my homemade chocolate ice cream recipe and added in some instant espresso powder to give it that classic mocha latte flavor while still being ice cream. Perfect served with a drizzle of chocolate sauce!
Note – This was once a sponsored post and since then, all references to the product have been removed but the pictures still remain.
Common Questions About Making Mocha Ice Cream
What is mocha ice cream?
Mocha ice cream is a simple no bake, frozen dessert made with just 6 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, instant espresso powder, high quality chocolate, and cocoa powder. It is then frozen and served cold.
What is the difference between mocha ice cream and chocolate ice cream?
The only difference is that the mocha ice cream additionally has instant espresso powder to give it a bit of coffee flavor.
What if I don’t have instant espresso powder?
The closest substitute I can suggest is adding 1/2 cup of strongly brewed cold coffee to the ice cream mixture.
What does no churn mean?
No churn means that you don’t use a dedicated ice cream maker and that the recipe likely doesn’t contain eggs. It’s an easier process for a home cook to master and be able to make without getting special equipment.
What other types of ice cream can I make?
There are so many different types of homemade ice cream to make! Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Lavender Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
What can I top mocha ice cream with?
Some of my favorite ice cream toppings are –
- Chocolate Sauce
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- White Chocolate Sauce
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Crushed Oreos
- Chocolate Chips
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate, chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Heat the chopped chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl until melted. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form - about 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and fold it in gently - don't deflate it.
- Once the mixture is fully combined, transfer to a metal loaf pan and place in the freezer overnight to chill.
- Once the ice cream has hardened, enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.