No Churn Mocha Ice Cream – The easiest chocolate and espresso ice cream recipe ever! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this ice cream tastes so good!
Mocha Ice Cream
Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts. I love how many flavors there are and how easy it is to make at home! I was really craving some ice cream the other night so I decided to make some. The flavor I decided on was mocha and I wanted it to be a no-churn recipe. Now that may sound impossible but it was SO easy to make! All you have to do is melt the chocolate, whip the heavy whipping cream, combine those things, and then freeze. Easy peasy!
I think the flavor of the ice cream turned out just right. I based the recipe on my homemade chocolate ice cream recipe and added in some instant espresso powder to give it that classic mocha latte flavor while still being ice cream. Perfect served with a drizzle of chocolate sauce!
Note – This was once a sponsored post and since then, all references to the product have been removed but the pictures still remain.
Make sure to check out my 40+ best ice cream recipes post for all of the very best ice cream recipes!
Common Questions About Making Mocha Ice Cream
What is mocha ice cream?
Mocha ice cream is a simple no bake, frozen dessert made with just 5 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, instant espresso powder, chocolate chips, and water. It is then frozen and served cold.
Can I make the ice cream base chocolate instead of vanilla?
Want to make a chocolate ice cream base? You will need
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
What if I don’t have instant espresso powder?
The closest substitute I can suggest is adding 1/2 cup of strongly brewed cold coffee to the ice cream mixture.
What does no churn mean?
No churn means that you don’t use a dedicated ice cream maker and that the recipe likely doesn’t contain eggs. It’s an easier process for a home cook to master and be able to make without getting special equipment.
What other types of ice cream can I make?
There are so many different types of homemade ice cream to make! Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Lavender Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
What can I top mocha ice cream with?
Some of my favorite ice cream toppings are –
- Chocolate Sauce
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- White Chocolate Sauce
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Butterscotch Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, stir together the instant espresso powder and hot water until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Start on low speed and gradually work up to high speed, beating the cream until it becomes thick and forms stiff peaks - about 2 minutes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and espresso mixture and fold them into the cream gently.
- Next, add the mini chocolate chips and fold them in.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place it in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- Scoop and serve with your favorite toppings. Store wrapped in the freezer for up to three weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe