Mocha Eclairs – A light choux pastry filled with a creamy filling and topped with a coffee glaze with a chocolate drizzle! An elegant French treat!
Today is one of my favorite days of the year, because it is the official start of #Choctoberfest. This is the third annual food blogger celebration of all things chocolate, made possible thanks to our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar and the other sponsors listed below.
Over 70 bloggers are participating in #Choctoberfest 2017 and will be posting 200+ chocolate recipes over the next week. Keep your eyes peeled, visit any of the blogs listed below, or use the #Choctoberfest hashtag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to follow along. You can also check out our #Choctoberfest Pinterest board, where we post chocolate recipes all year long.
You can also enter to win our #Choctoberfest prize pack. Thank to our amazing sponsors who are contributing the following items for the prize:
- $100 gift card to Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 1 case of granulated white sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of light brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), and 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds) from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint from our silver sponsor Barlean’s
- 300-piece Lindt LINDOR Truffles gift bag (you choose the flavors!) from blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen
This prize pack is valued at over $450! To enter, simply follow participating sponsors and bloggers using the below giveaway widget.
Stay tuned to see the delicious recipes bloggers have cooked up using Imperial Sugar and Barlean’s products. Thank you also to Davis Chocolate and Rodelle for being #Choctoberfest shoutout sponsors! Watch Instagram and Facebook to find out more about about their chocolate products.
Here is a complete list of all the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2017, so you can see the recipes they are posting throughout the week:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Crumbs in my Mustachio ♥ House of Nash Eats ♥ Bake It With Love ♥ That Recipe ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Cooking With Carlee ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♥ The Redhead Baker ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Seduction in The Kitchen ♥ Cooks&Books&Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Under My Apple Tree ♥ Family Around The Table ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Jane’s Adventures in Dinner ♥ Take Two Tapas ♥ Jennifer Bakes ♥ The Unlikely Baker ♥ Hostess At Heart ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kate’s Recipe Box ♥ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen ♥ Chocolate Slopes ♥ Little House Big Alaska ♥ Makes, Bakes and Decor ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ That Skinny Chick Can Bake ♥ Books n’ Cooks ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Living Ideas ♥ Restless Chipotle ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ An Affair from the Heart ♥ West Via Midwest ♥ Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt ♥ The Bitter Side of Sweet ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ The Saucy Southerner ♥ Cook’s Hideout ♥ By the Pounds ♥ Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Fantastical Sharing of Recipes ♥ Sarah’s Bake Studio ♥ The Pajama Chef ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Long Distance Baking ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ Wendy Polisi ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ My Southern Sweet Tooth ♥ Canning and Cooking at Home ♥ Full Belly Sisters ♥ SuperSizeGuy.com ♥ Our Good Life ♥
I am so excited to be sharing my recipe featuring Imperial Sugar, our gold sponsor this year! I decided to make these Mocha Eclairs! After making the Pumpkin Pie Cream Puffs for #PumpkinWeek a little while back, I discovered how easy making choux pastry dough was which is not only the base of cream puffs but also eclairs! These mocha eclairs have a wonderful cream filling and are topped with a coffee glaze, chocolate drizzle, and a bit of shaved chocolate! Pure perfection!
Now Imperial Sugar sent 88 lbs of sugar to my apartment and I was so excited to start baking! Immediately, I posted a picture of all of it on Instagram so go check it out! I got 1 box with 40 lbs of white sugar, 1 box with 24 lbs of light brown sugar, and another box 24 lbs of powdered sugar! I don’t think I had ever seen that much sugar in my life! In addition to the sugar, the sent a silicon mat (I had been really wanting to get one so that worked out so well!) and an adorable apron! Imperial Sugar has been a holiday baking staple for families since 1843, their products are that great!
Now this mocha eclairs recipe looks like a really long recipe but it’s not hard to make! It just has quite a few steps so don’t let that scare you off, they are totally worth it!
Tips on mocha eclairs recipe
- Make sure the eclairs completely cool before adding the glaze!
- If you want to make these chocolate eclairs instead of mocha eclairs, melt more chocolate and use that instead of the coffee for the glaze.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
Chantilly Cream Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Imperial Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Imperial Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and then turn up the heat a little to bring butter to a boil. Remove immediately from heat, adding in flour and salt. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together.
- Bring the saucepan back to a burner on low heat, stirring continuously for one minute before removing from heat again for five minutes.
- Add in eggs slowly to batter, making sure to beat the batter very well after every addition with the wooden spoon. You should end up with a smooth, silky batter.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and pipe lines that are 6″ long on the sheet pan. Smooth out any peaks with a wet finger.
- Put sheet pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries have puffed up and are a nice golden color. Remove from oven and use a skewer or chopstick to poke a hole in the bottom. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes. Let cool completely before assembly.
Chantilly Cream Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, Imperial Powdered Sugar, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, whip until there are hard peaks. Cool until assembly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coffee and powdered sugar. Using a whisk, stir until well mixed and cool until assembly.
- Transfer chantilly cream filling to a piping bag and fill the eclairs using the hole in the bottom.
- Use a spoon to spread coffee glaze on top of each eclair.
- Heat chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowls for about 1 minute or until melted. Transfer to a ziploc bag and cut a tiny bit of the corner so you can easily drizzle chocolate across the top. Top with shaved chocolate immediately after before the glaze dries.
Imperial Sugar provided me the sugars, silicon mat, and apron to use. As always, all opinions are my own.
Make sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes from other bloggers for #Choctoberfest today!