Mocha Cookies – The perfect combination of espresso and chocolate baked right into a cookie. Perfect with a cup of coffee!
Mocha lattes are the best. The combination of espresso and chocolate is hard to beat! Those flavors are also great together in desserts like mocha ice cream and these mocha cookies. This is basically a crisp chocolate chip cookie recipe with espresso mixed in to give it that wonderful flavor we all love!
The recipe takes a little less than an hour and trust me, it’s worth it. I love making mocha cookies for holiday cookie trays and as a simple dessert. Like I mentioned above, these cookies spread a lot and are crisp because of the amount of butter in the recipe.
Common Questions About Mocha Cookies
What are mocha cookies?
Mocha cookies are chocolate chip cookies with the addition of instant espresso powder.
What should I do if I don’t have espresso powder?
Instant espresso powder is super important to this recipe so if you don’t have it, it’s hard to substitute anything else in to give it that coffee flavor. Regular ground coffee won’t work instead.
What kind of chocolate should I use?
Any kind will work! I used chopped chocolate but semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate, white chocolate, etc will all work too.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 18 cookies but it can easily be doubled if you want to make more.
How long do these cookies last?
The cookies last up to five days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups large chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until it is fully combined - about 1 minute.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, espresso powder, and baking soda. Mix just until combined - you don't want to overmix.
- Add the chopped chocolate and fold it into the cookie dough.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- While the cookies chill, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place them at least 2" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, or until they are golden-brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and then transfer them to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to five days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.