No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – The easiest mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe ever! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this ice cream tastes so good!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
I can’t get enough of this mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe! Not only is it delicious but it’s also a beautiful and brightly colored dessert that is perfect for a hot summer day. Made with just 5 simple ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, mint extract, chocolate chips, and green food coloring – it doesn’t get any easier to make than this.
Make sure to leave yourself enough time before you plan on serving it, I like to make it a day ahead and let it freeze overnight so that no one ends up with a bowl of ice cream that didn’t set correctly. The only other major pitfall is just make sure that you are using sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk! Seriously, evaporated milk will not work and this is a common mistake people make when making homemade ice cream. Apart from that, this is such an easy recipe to make!
Make sure to check out my 40+ best ice cream recipes post for all of the very best ice cream recipes!
Common Questions About Making Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
What is rocky road ice cream?
Rocky road ice cream is a simple no bake, frozen dessert made with just 6 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, chocolate chips, peanuts, and marshmallows. It is then frozen and served cold.
What does no churn mean?
No churn means that you don’t use a dedicated ice cream maker and that the recipe likely doesn’t contain eggs. It’s an easier process for a home cook to master and be able to make without getting special equipment.
Can I make the ice cream base chocolate instead of vanilla?
Want to make a chocolate ice cream base? You will need
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
For step two of this recipe –
Heat the chopped chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl until melted. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and fold it together gently – you don’t want to deflate it!
What other ways can I customize this recipe?
As mentioned above, you can make a chocolate base for the ice cream or add in a swirl of chocolate sauce or some crushed andes mints.
What other types of ice cream can I make?
There are so many different types of homemade ice cream to make! Some of my favorites include –
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Lavender Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Mocha Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
What can I top mint chocolate chip ice cream with?
Some of my favorite ice cream toppings are –
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring (optional)
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Add the green food coloring and mix until just combined.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mint extract, folding them together gently.
- Once all of the sweetened condensed milk has been incorporated, add the chocolate chips and fold them in.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or a silicone ice cream tub and wrap it with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight freezer bag. Place the ice cream in the freezer overnight (or at least 6 hours).
- Store the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.