This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MorningStarFarms #MakeRoomOnYourGrill
Melting Sweet Potatoes
Melting Sweet Potatoes – A delicious side dish perfect with any meal! Baked sweet potatoes topped with a maple pecan glaze.
During the summer, I am always outside grilling and having cookouts with friends. It’s so much fun to be able to enjoy the incredibly short summer out here with great food and people before it’s winter again and I’m inside making soups! Recently, I discovered the perfect summer cookout recipes, MorningStar® Farms Meat Lovers Burgers and melting sweet potatoes. I’m not kidding when I say both are AMAZING and they taste fantastic together!
To get my Meat Lovers Burgers, I popped over to my local Walmart and grabbed a pack in the frozen foods department by all of the other MorningStar® Farms products. What I love about MorningStar® Farms is that their products are made with non-GMO soy and no artificial colors or flavors. They are vegan but even non-vegetarians and vegans will love them! The new MorningStar Farms Quarter Pound Veggie Burgers are delicious, perfectly crafted burgers that leave you full and satisfied. They are perfectly seasoned and jam-packed with veggies and 27 grams of protein!
Personally, I love that they are a healthy alternative to a traditional beef burger that is filled with more of the veggie-goodness that I need in my life! Burgers are a staple at my house so I am always on the lookout for new veggie burgers to try out and this has been my favorite so far! I like topping mine with a bit of worcestershire sauce, havarti cheese, and a brioche bun! I can’t wait to try the MorningStar® Farms Veggie Lovers Burgers next which has 12 different veggies, 10 grams of protein, and two seeds and two grains! If you use Ibotta, make sure to get this coupon for 40 cents back!
Now what I made to pair with my Meat Lovers Burger was these amazing melting sweet potatoes! Now if you love my original melting potatoes (it’s one of my most popular recipes!), then you are going to love this recipe! It’s a sweeter spin with sweet potatoes, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and pecans. Honestly, even though I made it as a side dish, it could easy be a dessert instead but either way, they are so tasty!
I popped them in the oven while I was grilling and the whole meal came together super easily within just 40 minutes! Trust me, if you want to impress you friends with an amazing side, this is the recipe to make!
Looking for more side dish recipes?
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes evenly on a large sheet pan and then drizzle them with melted butter. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and flip the sweet potatoes. Place back in oven and bake for 20 minutes more.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, combine maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then add in pecans. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes, regularly stirring.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, drizzle the maple sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
- Butternut Mountain Farm, 100% Pure Maple Syrup From Vermont, Grade A, Amber Color, Rich Taste, All Natural, Easy Pour Jug, 32 Fl Oz, 1 Qt
- Rodelle Gourmet Extract, Vanilla, 8 Oz
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 112mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g