Melting Potatoes – An incredible side dish packed with flavor that will melt in your mouth! Yukon gold potatoes sliced and baked in a blend of seasonings, butter, and broth. Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside.
So I bought a 5 lbs bag of potatoes for an upcoming recipe and then realized I didn’t have a mandolin. Trying to slice potatoes as thin as I need for the potato stack recipe I had planned to make would have been way too much work so I changed gears and decided to push it off but… now I have 5 lbs of potatoes I have to finish in 4 days before I go on vacation so I have been making as many recipes as a I can with potatoes! First up are these melting potatoes and this might have been the fastest I’ve seen anything devoured at my house, there weren’t even any leftover!
They are calling melting potatoes because they melt in your mouth! Melting potatoes are wonderfully tender inside and super crispy on the outside. I love how flavorful they are, soaking them in the chicken broth at the end really takes them to the next level.
Tips on melting potatoes recipe
- Want to make this dish vegetarian? Sub the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- Other variations of potatoes work too such as russet or red potatoes.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced potatoes, melted butter, thyme, dill, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Mix until well combined. Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes before flipping the potatoes and baking for another 10-15 minutes. Flip the potatoes again and pour in the chicken broth. Bake 12-15 more minutes.
Looking for more potato recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes from Seduction in the Kitchen
Parsley Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Platter Talk
Au Gratin Potatoes from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure