Melting Potatoes – An incredible side dish packed with flavor that will melt in your mouth! Yukon gold potatoes sliced and baked in a blend of seasonings, butter, and broth. Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside.
I can’t begin to describe how awesome these melting potatoes really are! Now I am a big fan of just about anything potato related but hands down, this has been my favorite potato recipe I have tried making by far. The potatoes come out so flavorful and amazing that this is going to be your new favorite potato recipe.
Haven’t heard of melting potatoes before? Neither had I until I first made this recipe a year and a half ago and fell in love with it. They are calling melting potatoes because they just melt in your mouth! Melting potatoes are wonderfully tender inside and super crispy on the outside. I love how flavorful they are, soaking them in the chicken broth at the end really takes them to the next level.
I have never had a side dish disappear as quickly as melting potatoes do when I make them. Sometimes I made a double batch so that I have some of leftovers the next day. When I do that, I heat the leftovers in a pan with a bit more butter and a small splash of chicken broth just to make them crispy again and re-hydrate the potatoes a bit.
Tips on melting potatoes recipe
- Want to make this dish vegetarian? Sub the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- You can use other types of potatoes in this recipe such as russet potatoes. I chose yukon golds because I love the creamy flavor that those have naturally.
Can’t get enough of this melting potatoes recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Melting Sweet Potatoes – Baked sweet potatoes topped with a maple cinnamon pecan glaze.
- Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes – Thinly sliced potatoes layered with white cheddar cheese and mediterranean spices.
- Parmesan Au Gratin Potato Stacks – Yukon gold potatoes layered with a garlic cream sauce, parmesan, and asiago cheese and baked in a muffin tin.
- Roasted Parmesan Potatoes – Potatoes coated in parmesan and spices and then baked on a sheet pan.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced potatoes, melted butter, thyme, dill, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes before flipping the potatoes and baking for another 10-15 minutes. Flip the potatoes again and pour in the chicken broth.
- Bake 12-15 more minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 636mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe