Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes – A delicious side dish perfect for a holiday dinner! Thinly sliced potatoes topped with creamy white cheddar cheese and mediterranean spices!
Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes
It’s Freaky Friday time again! This time, it is our yearly virtual cookies exchange and I am so excited to share this Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes recipe from The Speckled Palate with you guys! Freaky Friday is where a bunch of bloggers are all assigned different blogs and we make a recipe from their site to share! None of us know who is assigned to our site so it ends up a fun surprise and a great way to get to know each other and our sites better! It is organized by Michaela from An Affair from the Heart and it’s so fun!
So for this round, I was assigned Erin from The Speckled Palate! Erin is an incredible food blogger who I actually got the chance to meet real quick during Everything Food Conference last year! Her site has been around since 2011 and there is such a wide range of great recipes that she has created on there, it was really hard to choose just one to make! Some of my personal favorites were the Creamy Chicken Enchilada Bruschetta, Vegan Sage Sweet Potato Olive Oil Biscuits, and Peanut Butter Pancakes with Raspberry Perserves Syrup.
I ended up going with her Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes recipe because I am a sucker for any kind of potato dish and when I read the description, I could tell that this was the one that I had to make! It was overall a really easy recipe to make and it is perfect as a holiday side dish or just on a regular night.
Can’t get enough of this mediterranean scalloped potatoes recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Melting Potatoes (this recipe is a reader favorite!)
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Parmesan Au Gratin Potato Stacks
- Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 russet or yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Peel potatoes and then slice them into 1/2" slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine spices.
- Place 1/3 of the potato slices in the bottom of the baking dish. Add in 1/3 of the milk, onion, butter, cheese, and spices. Repeat two more times with the remaining ingredients (there should be three layers of potatoes and toppings).
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the top of the potatoes are golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Take a look at all of our Spring 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- A Grande Life – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- An Affair from the Heart – Margarita Dip with Salted Pretzels
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – BLT Pasta Salad
- Bowl Me Over – Macaroni Pasta Salad
- Hostess at Heart – Blueberry Buckle Recipe – Incredibly Easy To Make
- House of Nash Eats – Asparagus Tart
- Kylee Cooks – No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- Life Currents – Blackened Shrimp Pasta
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Spicy Thai Basil Slaw
- Mildly Meandering – Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
- Take Two Tapas – Spicy Bacon Wrapped Air Fryer Shrimp
- The Foodie Affair – Coconut Pie with Creamy Custard Filling
- The Speckled Palate – Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- West Via Midwest – Air Fryer Cherry Pies
- Who Needs a Cape? – Slow Cooker Cheesy Taco Soup