Maple Dijon Turkey – Flavorful maple dijon glaze on turkey breasts. A great 30-minute sheet pan meal for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Maple Dijon Turkey
When it comes to Thanksgiving, I will fully admit that I do not want to deal with cooking a whole turkey. It all seems like too much work for me when instead, I could just make a turkey breast or turkey tenderloin and call it good! For Thanksgiving this year, I decided that I wanted to use one of my favorite flavor combinations, maple and dijon for my cuts of turkey!
Now this maple dijon turkey is super easy to whip up, you need about 35 minutes and just a few ingredients. Not too hard, yeah? Plus, you can always throw some of the veggies to pair with the chicken right onto the sheet pan such as carrots or squash.
Common questions about making turkey tenderloin
What temperature to cook a turkey tenderloin?
You want the turkey tenderloin to get to 165 degrees for it’s internal temperature. To cook it, place it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
Where is the tenderloin on a turkey?
The tenderloin of a turkey is between both turkey breasts that is very tender and lean in fat.
Notes on maple dijon turkey recipe
- Using a thermometer makes it really easy to check if the turkey is done without having to cut a piece open.
- Butternut squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc would pair wonderfully with the turkey! Just whip up some extra glaze and coat the veggies with it.
Looking for more easy holiday recipes?
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
- 2-3 turkey tenderloins
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, pour in olive oil and garlic. Once garlic is fragrant, lay each of the turkey breast in fan. Let each side of the turkey brown, this should take about 5 minutes. Transfer turkey breasts to OXO Non-Stick Pro Half Sheet Jelly Roll Pan and drizzle 1/2 of the maple dijon spread on top along with the salt and pepper and place another 1/2 of the OXO Flavor Injector fitted with the thicker needle and inject each of the turkey breasts with it.
- Place sheet pan in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the OXO Chef's Precision Digital Instant Read Thermometer reads 165 degrees inside the turkey breasts. This indicated the turkey is cooked through.
- Slice the turkey and serve.