Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots – A quick and easy side dish! Carrots with a maple dijon glaze baked on a sheet pan until tender. The ultimate oven roasted carrots recipe!
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables! I make them as a side dish so often and am always trying to thing of different ways to prepare them. These maple dijon carrots have been at the very top of my list of recipes to make for months now (the recipe is based off of my Oven Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots) and I finally got around to making them this week. These oven roasted carrots are tender inside with a crisp outside and oh-so flavorful. The combination of maple and dijon is just incredible!
Tips on maple dijon roasted carrots
- If you want to make these carrots even healthier, sub coconut oil for butter.
- Cooking the carrots in the pan before baking helps the flavors seep in but if you don’t want to wash another dish, just toss the carrots with the sauce and pop them straight on the sheet pan. Cook 30-35 minutes.
- You can also sub honey in for pure maple syrup.
- Make sure you use pure maple syrup, not the maple syrup for pancakes! It’s thinner and more concentrated.
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, combine butter, pure maple syrup, dijon mustard, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer carrots to sheet pan, arranging in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are tender inside.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124
Looking for a main course to go with this maple dijon oven roasted carrots recipe?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Brown Sugar Mustard Ham from Who Needs a Cape?
Irish Lamb Stew from West Via Midwest
Beef Tips with Gravy from Bowl Me Over