Mango Lassi – A refreshing, fruity spin on a classic Indian recipe. Fresh mango, yogurt, milk, and cardamom blended together into a delicious drink!
Now this is one refreshing drink. During the summer, I love to whip up smoothies for breakfast or as a snack so when I ran across a mango lassi, I was intrigued. This is a classic Indian drink made with fresh mango, yogurt, and spices that can either be made sweet or savory. It tastes very similar to a smoothie but I love the flavor that the cardamom gives it.
A mango lassi is so easy to whip up and you need just a few ingredients! It’s become a staple in my diet and I love it!
Common questions about making a mango lassi
What is the taste of a mango lassi?
It is very similar to a mango smoothie but a tad bit less sweet. For a lassi, you can either stick with the sweetness of the mango or add in a little extra sugar if you want it on the sweeter side.
Is mango lassi a dessert?
A lassi can be breakfast, snack, or dessert. Being made from just mango, yogurt, and spices, it can be a healthier dessert that’s easy to make.
What is in a lassi?
There are two different types of lassi, sweet or savory. Traditionally, they are made from yogurt, water, and spices with the addition of fruit in the sweeter ones.
Is lassi good for you?
Overall, a lassi is pretty good for you. Since it is made with fresh fruit, yogurt, and spices, the only place that can be unhealthy is if you use a yogurt that has a lot of sugar in it instead of a plain yogurt.
Tips and tricks on this mango lassi recipe
- Don’t like mango? Some of the other varieties of sweet lassis include
- While the lime juice is optional and dependant on your preference, it is a delicious additional flavor.
- Add the sugar to taste. My mango was very ripe and sweet but if yours isn’t quite as sweet, you may want to add just a little sugar.
- You can use an 1/3 cup canned mango pulp instead of fresh mango.
Can’t get enough of this mango lassi recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Iced Green Tea Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- Italian Cream Soda
- Boozy Mango Lemonade
- Raspberry Peach Bubble Tea
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 3/4 cup fresh mango, cubbed
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons sugar, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, (optional)
- In a blender, combine yogurt, milk or water, mango, ice, ground cardamom, lime juice (optional), and sugar (optional). Blend until well combined.
- Divide into two cups and garnish with a sprinkle of cardamom.