Kahlua Brownies – A delicious spin on classic boxed brownie mix made with Kahlua coffee liqueur! Made with just 5 ingredients, these brownies are amazing!
Calling all Kahlua fans! After making my oh so yummy Bailey’s Brownies last, I decided I was going to jump ship and bake brownies with another favorite liqueur this week – Kahlua! Now Kahlua is really one of the perfect alcohols to pair with a brownie since it has great coffee and rum flavors that works so well with chocolate. It gives the brownie just a subtle bit of flavor that is hard to top. I like to serve Kahlua brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce just to make it even more decadent!
Common Questions About Making Kahlua Brownies
What is Kahlua?
Kahlua is a rum and coffee liqueur. It is a great addition to a wide range of drinks from hot chocolate to frappuccinos.
What else can I use Kahlua in?
Kahlua can be used in so many things but some of my favorites include-
- Kahlua Latte
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate
- Kahlua Frappuccino
- Kahlua Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Mudslide
- Mudslide Cocktail
- Kahlua Truffles
What kind of boxed brownie mix should I use?
Any boxed brownie will work fine. I usually stick to the basics like “fudge brownie” but just use whatever you have on hand or can find.
Can I frost these brownies?
Of course! You can either make your own frosting or use a pre-made can. Personally, I usually just put a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of caramel sauce on top.
Looking for more brownies? Check out these recipes!
- 1 box of brownie mix (19.5 ounces)* (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9" pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. Transfer to the pan and place in oven to bake for the length of time the brownie mix box you are using says (mine was 35-40 minutes for a 9x9" pan).
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
* The amount of Kahlua in this recipe is a direct substitute for water in the boxed brownie recipe. While most say that the recipe needs 3 tablespoons of water, confirm that before you substitute in the Kahlua. If it needs more, then use more Kahlua.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe