Italian Hot Chocolate – A thick and creamy hot chocolate that is pure perfection. This homemade hot chocolate takes only 15 minutes to make and it is so delicious!
Italian Hot Chocolate
This is truly the ultimate hot chocolate! I’ve never had a hot chocolate so thick, creamy, and decadent. It’s absolutely incredible! To take this Italian hot chocolate to the next level, I made a batch of homemade whipped cream and topped it with chocolate shavings, mini marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips. This is a really easy warm drink to make, the whole thing took just minutes start to finish and the ingredients you need to make it are things you probably have sitting around. The secret to thickening the drink up is the cornstarch. I know, using cornstarch in a drink sounds weird but trust me, it works!
Hot chocolate is really the perfect way to warm up during the winter. You can’t go wrong with a mug filled with drinkable chocolate, it is truly coziness in a mug!
Tips on italian hot chocolate recipe
- Only want one cup of hot chocolate? Cut the recipe in half! This recipe makes two servings.
- Try the hot chocolate before serving, if it isn’t sweet enough, add a little more sugar to taste.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Whipped cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine milk, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa. Bring to a soft boil
- Pour in dark chocolate and low heat. Whisk until chocolate has melted in. Pour into two glasses and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544
Love chocolate recipes?
Make sure to check out these recipes from other bloggers:
Slow Cooker White Mint Hot Chocolate from Who Needs a Cape?
Chewy Chocolate Cookies from West via Midwest
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons from Life Currents