Italian Cream Soda – A refreshing summer drink made with just 3 simple ingredients! This recipe is easy to customize with different flavors and it’s cheap to make!
Italian Cream Soda
Italian cream soda is by far one of my favorite fun drinks to get at a restaurant! I love how many fun flavors and variations are out there and they always taste so amazing! Somehow, I had never thought to try making them at home until this past week and I was blown away with how simple and cheap they were to make!
To whip up an Italian cream soda, you need 3 simple ingredients – sparkling water, half-and-half, and flavored syrup. Personally, I used cherry syrup because I love the color and flavor but there are countless other varieties to make! Make sure you mix around the syrup as you are drinking it with a straw or a spoon so it doesn’t get all left until the end!
This is a great recipe to whip up on a hot summer day. It’s refreshing and a bright pop of color (if you use a syrup other than vanilla, which is almost clear) that will be perfect to sip on outside while reading a book or sitting by the pool!
Common questions about making italian cream soda
How do you make an Italian cream soda?
To make Italian cream soda, you simply combine sparkling water, flavored syrup, and half-and-half over ice. You can customize it with different flavors of syrup and serve it topped with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
What are the best Italian soda flavors?
There are many different Italian soda flavors as you can use any flavor of syrup but some of the most popular include:
Is Italian soda from Italy?
No, Italian soda originated in the United States. The combination of sparkling water and flavored syrup made by an Italian syrup company were a hit, thus where the “Italian” portion of the name came in.
What’s the difference between French soda and Italian Soda?
French soda and italian soda are basically the same thing. Italian soda is simply sparkling water with flavored syrup and ice while French soda (also called Italian cream soda) is the same but with the addition of half-and-half.
Other tips and tricks on this italian cream soda recipe
- Make sure you are using a drink syrup (such as Torani) or that you make your own flavored simple syrup recipe at home!
- This recipe has the ingredients listed for a single glass of italian cream soda because you assemble the ingredients right in the cup. You can easily double the recipe or triple it.
Looking for more easy drink recipes?
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- Whipped cream, (optional)
- Maraschino cherry, (optional)
- Place ice in a large glass. Pour flavored syrup, sparkling water, and half-and-half into the cup.
- Top it with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
- Highball Glasses [Set of 4] + 4 Stainless Steel Straws | Lead-Free Crystal Clear Glass | Elegant Drinking Cups for Water, Wine, Beer, Cocktails and Mixed Drinks | Round Top, Square Bottom
- Maraschino Cherries with Stems, 74 Ounce Jar
- Torani Cherry Syrup, 750 ml
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 34g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g