Italian Roast Beef Grilled Cheese – An easy grilled cheese made with peperoncini, provolone, roast beef, and a delicious creamy dijon spread!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are a staple at my house! For the most part, we still to plain ole’ american cheese and bread but occasionally I like to jazz them up and use exciting new ingredients. I decided to take my favorite flavors from italian beef and make them into a grilled cheese and oh my, this might just be the greatest grilled cheese I have ever made! Start to finish, this italian beef grilled cheese is a meal that takes less than 15 minutes so it’s nice and quick, perfect for busy weeknights! Most of what is in this is ingredients you usually have lying around but may have forgotten in the back corner of your fridge, like peperoncini.
Personally, I am really guilty of buying things like peperoncini for a recipe and completely forgetting I ever bought them after that as they get pushed farther and farther into the back corner of my fridge. It’s such an exciting surprise when they pop back up a few months later as I am cleaning my fridge! If you are one of those people too, then pull out that jar of peperoncini and let’s get to the bottom of that jar instead of wasting them!
I popped over to get everything for this italian beef sandwich at my local ShopRite where the Mezzetta Peperoncini were located with other jarred veggies and toppings. Super easy to find!
I think the peperoncini are such a nice addition to this italian beef grilled cheese, it really is the star of the show! This will definitely be a new regular recipe at my house!
Make sure to check out the video!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 lbs thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/4 lbs provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced peperoncini
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp melted butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir well and then spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- On top of the side of two slices of bread that have the creamy dijon spread, place a layer of provolone, roast beef, peperoncini, and another layer of provolone. Set another slice of bread on top with the creamy dijon spread facing down.
- Spread melted butter on both of the sides of the sandwich facing outward.
- Place on a medium frying pan on medium heat. Flip once the bottom is golden brown and cheese has melted. Take of heat once the other side is also golden brown.
- Cut and serve hot.