Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken – A quick and easy meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce over chicken cooked right in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
Cooking chicken in the Instant Pot is the best! I love how easy and mess free it is for me as it all cooks in one pot and really involves me doing very little. One of my favorite sauces to make for chicken is a simple honey mustard sauce. It is sweet, tangy, and oh-so good!
I was inspired to make this recipe again when I was at the grocery store and found a nice stone ground mustard from a local brewery in Ann Arbor. I knew it would be so great in the honey mustard sauce for this recipe!
I ended up serving the chicken over a bowl of couscous with a side of bavarian soft pretzels but it totally up to you what to pair with it.
Common Questions About Making Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
How long do I cook chicken in the Instant Pot?
According to the Instant Pot Time Table, you should cook chicken 6-8 minutes per pound of chicken.
How do I get my sauce to thicken?
To get your sauce to thicken, you will need to make a corn starch slurry. To do so, mix 1 teaspoon of corn starch with 1 tablespoon of water. If you add that to the sauce while it is on SAUTE mode, it will thicken it right up.
What can I serve honey mustard chicken with?
Some of my favorite side dishes to serve with honey mustard chicken are –
Looking for more dinner recipes? Check these out!
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Pork Stew
- Venison Stew (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or Stovetop)
- Smoked Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Set the Instant Pot to the SAUTE function and add in the honey, mustard, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika Stir until the honey melts into the sauce.
- Add in chicken and seal the Instant Pot. Set to HIGH pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine corn starch and water.
- Do a quick release and once the Instant Pot depressurizes, open the lid and pour in the corn starch mixture. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE again and stir until the sauce thickens up (2-3 minutes).