Instant Pot Glazed Carrots – A quick and easy side dish perfect for the holidays! All you need is 6 ingredients and less than 20 minutes.
Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
In my opinion, a holiday meal isn’t complete without some kind of carrots. They are such a staple and so easy to make that sometimes I even just whip up a batch of glazed carrots as a side dish for a regular meal. This recipe is one of my favorites and the great part is that it is so easy to double or even triple if you are making it for a larger group. It’ll be a hit!
Common Questions About Making Glazed Carrots
How can I made glazed carrots?
Glazed carrots can be made over the stovetop, in a slow cooker, or in an Instant Pot. This recipe is for cooking them in the Instant Pot and you use baby carrots, water, salt, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
What kind of glazes can I make for carrots?
The most popular glazes are normally brown sugar, honey, or maple. This recipe is a brown sugar based glaze.
Do I have to use baby carrots?
No, you can use full sized carrots sliced up into 1/2″ thick disks instead.
Can I make glazed carrots ahead of time?
Yes! Glazed carrots heat up really well in a pan on the stove or even in the microwave so feel free to cook them ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for a main course to serve with these carrots? Check out these recipes!
… And if you are looking for more side dishes, check these out!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Roasted Purple Potatoes
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- Add in ingredients into the Instant Pot and seal it. Set to HIGH pressure and set timer for 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps to let you know that it is done, cover with a tea towel and do a quick release to de-pressurize before opening.
- Once opened, give the carrots a stir so that the glaze has evenly coated the carrots and then serve.