Hot Chocolate Cookies – A fudgy dark chocolate cookie topped with more chocolate and marshmallows! Perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange!
Welcome to day two of Choctoberfest! Today’s hot chocolate cookie recipe was made featuring Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa! I first tried their products a few months back when I made Spiced Chai Tea Mini Bundt Cakes and fell in love! Their products are phenomenal! The baking cocoa has a nice, consistent flavor and because it is Dutch Processed, it has an improved solubility which makes using it in drinks even better! If you are going to be doing some baking this holiday season, make sure to pick this cocoa up, it really takes your recipe to a whole new level!
I ended up using the Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa in a batch of Hot Chocolate Cookies and they turned out phenomenal! I realized I didn’t have a single cookie recipe on my site, I had everything from madeleines to macarons but somehow, no cookies. Going into the holiday season filled with cookie exchanges left and right, I knew I had to fix that and thought what would be better than a hot chocolate cookie?! These hot chocolate cookies are oh-so indulgent and a chocolate lovers dream come true with Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa and melted chocolate right in the batter, a Hershey Kiss in the middle, and topped with shaved chocolate!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup Rodelle cocoa powder
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 large marshmallows
- 48 Hershey Kisses
- shaved chocolate, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- In a small saucepan oven medium heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together until nice and smooth. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once chocolate has been well combined with dry ingredients, pour in eggs and vanilla extract. The batter should be nice and thick.
- Preheat oven to 330°F and let dough chill for about 10-15 minutes before scooping 2 tbsp of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down on the dough a bit so it flattens out a little before placing in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, cut each marshmallow across horizontally so you have 48 pieces of marshmallow.
- After 10 minutes, remove from oven and place Hershey Kiss with the pointy end facing down right in the middle of the cookie. Place back in oven to bake for 2 more minutes. Remove from oven once again and place marshmallow on top of each cookie. Place back in oven and back for 3-4 more minutes before finally removing from oven and sprinkling with shaved chocolate.
Rodelle provided me the baking cocoa to use. As always, all opinions are my own.
Make sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes from other bloggers for #Choctoberfest today!