This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #KickoffWithGreatTaste #CollectiveBias
Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs
Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs – A delicious appetizer or meal made with homemade baked chicken meatballs and a spicy honey sriracha sauce!
With football season kicking into gear, it’s time to talk about game day recipes! Football is a staple at my house and I love having friends and family over to enjoy the big game and the best foods! Whether it’s a dip, bite-sized snack, or a chicken wing, I am all over it.
For my next football party, I decided I was going to whip up a batch of honey sriracha chicken meatballs. I thought these would be a huge hit with everyone and would pair perfectly with my favorite drink for game day, Coca-Cola!
To get everything I needed for my fall football extravaganza, I popped over to my local Walmart. Walmart is always my go-to store for everything party related. They always have what I am looking for and for a great price! I picked up a 24 pack of Coca-Cola Red and a pack of Coca-Cola Zero Sugar along with all the ingredients I needed for my baked chicken meatballs. If you are in a hurry to get your groceries before your next party (or even on a regular day), then make sure to try out Walmart’s online grocery pickup! It’s an awesome feature that saves time!
Now these baked chicken meatballs are so easy to make. You simply combine ground chicken, an egg, bread crumbs, and spices, roll into balls, and bake for 30 minutes. While the meatballs are cooking, you combine the sauce ingredients in a pan and cook. After, you just toss together the chicken meatballs and honey sriracha sauce. That’s it! It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Common questions about making chicken meatballs
How long do you cook chicken meatballs?
Usually you need to cook chicken meatballs about 25-30 minutes, depending on how large you make your meatballs. The recipe makes about 12 meatballs that are 1- 1 1/4″ big so they are on the longer end of things and cook for 30 minutes. The outside should be browned and the inside should not be pink anymore.
Do you need eggs to make meatballs?
Yes. Egg works as a binder for the meatballs so they don’t fall apart, they are not just to make the meatballs moister. You need about 1 egg per pound of meat as a general rule of thumb for meatball making. The only time you don’t use eggs is when you use an alternative binding agent.
What can you use as a binding agent instead of eggs?
Yes, some other options include making a flax egg, using chia seeds, or using oil and water. To do the oil and water method, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons water, and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
Why do my meatballs fall apart?
That can be from an imbalance in the amount of breadcrumbs vs eggs. If there are too much breadcrumbs, the meatballs will be loose and fall apart. If there isn’t enough breadcrumbs, the meatballs will not form correctly. Yes, they are a little fickle so just make sure you still to the amounts of egg and breadcrumbs in the recipe!
Other tips and tricks on this honey sriracha chicken meatball recipe
- The honey sriracha sauce does have a bit of a kick. If you are not a fan of spicy food, I would suggest cutting the sriracha down to 1/2 tablespoon but do not completely cut it out of the recipe. The flavor is necessary for the sauce.
- These chicken meatballs can served as either an appetizer or a meal. As an appetizer, you can serve them on a tray with toothpicks in them. As a meal, I suggest serving the meatballs over a bed of white or brown rice. Instructions on how to make white rice can be found by clicking HERE!
Can’t get enough of this honey sriracha chicken meatballs recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Asian Turkey Meatballs
- Teriyaki Pork Meatballs
- Baked Bleu Cheese Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Dip
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the chicken meatballs. Combine until well combined.
- Roll in 12 equally sized balls (about 1" around). Place on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine water and corn starch. Mix until well combined.
- Place honey, soy sauce, corn starch mixture, sriracha, brown sugar, and garlic power in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Once the chicken meatballs and the honey sriracha sauce are both done, remove chicken meatballs from pan and transfer into a large bowl. Pour sauce over and toss together until the meatballs are well coated.
- Serve on a tray with toothpicks for an appetizer or over white rice for a meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 850mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 21g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe